• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C-7 trials

Your best bet is to call the Wpns school in Borden and ask if they could give you a copy of their SARP video (they probabbly will if your a wpns tech).  It explains all/why etc...  And no, the AUG was not involved.  The trials were contended mostly between the FNC1A1, Colt M16 (Diemaco was not tooled as of yet to produce the CDN design specs we wanted) and the new version FNC (at the time).  As well as the LMG.  Altimatley, the M16 won out due to dependability and superior design.  The LMG (now designated C9) won for the same reason.  Also another contributing factor was the push for wpns that used 5.56mm ammo the Nato as a whole was leaning towards.

wraithe,

It was a bit more to it than that - as during the winter testing of the "weapons of the 80's" program we noted that the 5.56mm system were much more accurate and reliable than our beloved C1A1 - which at that time we had just confirmed we were keeping - enter the gov't jump switch and SARP was born.

I do agree however that we did get the best pics out there.

KevinB,

Your absolutley correct.  I only stated a few points pertaining to the SARP Program to save myself from going completely into detail as my main point was for him to contact the Wpns School in Borden to see if he could get a copy of the video.  My bad.

For anyone interested, attached is a picture of what I presume is an FN advertisment with further details of the FN SCAR rifle.

SCARjpeg.jpg

Max

Back