• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brig.General David Fraser

x westie

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could give some info on the new CO {Brig.General Frazer} who just took over command of the multi-national force in Kandahar-- "As tan". Is the new CO a infantryman,Armor or Artillery, maybe some of the guys on Army.ca have served with General Fraser and can provide some info as to his previous commands, our media hasn't been giving any info on  General Fraser, :cdn: :warstory:, mostly whining and wringing their left wing  liberal hands over the fact that our troops are not "peacekeeping" , but are prepared to conduct combat operations against the Taliban terrorist.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/dsa/app_bio/engraph/FSeniorOfficerBiographyView_e.asp?SectChoice=1&mAction=View&mBiographyID=296

CFL said:
A 2VP guy.  Can't be all bad. ;)
                                        Looks pretty impressive,lots of command experience, thanks for the link, Michael

:warstory: I was in 3VP and 2VP when he was in the respective units.  Pretty straight shooter as I recall.  :salute:

I recall him as a pretty determined guy who didn't put up with any BS.  A good appointment choice.  Seems a lot of Patricia's are getting the high profile jobs... or is it just me?

Colonel Fraser commissioned as an Infantry Officer upon graduation from Carleton University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1980. 

WHAT..  come on.. no one really graduates from Carleton.

Even I got thrown out in 1995  :D

I didn't read anything past graduated from Carleton cause it has
to be all lies!!!! ;)

Saw BGen Fraser on a CBC Newsworld/Road Stories, anyone else notice that he has a US Army 10th Mountain Division patch stitched onto the left sleeve of his AR CADPAT shirt.

Yes, I wondered about that as well... Is that because he is in command of US elms?

No, it is because he is under command of 10 Mtn Div, who took over the lead of CJTF-76.

a previous post stated that bgen fraser took his commission in 1980 after graduation from carleton u.  wrong.  fraser joined the ggfg (army reserve) as a guardsman well before 1980.  he rose to mcpl before he was commissioned in that regt, and was a very fine platoon comd in 1978 and 79.

granola cruncher said:
a previous post stated that bgen fraser took his commission in 1980 after graduation from carleton u.  wrong.  fraser joined the ggfg (army reserve) as a guardsman well before 1980.  he rose to mcpl before he was commissioned in that regt, and was a very fine platoon comd in 1978 and 79.

Well I dont know why you resurected a 6 month old thread, over a line out of the OFFICIAL biography on the DND site of him.....but......

Proud Forester said:
Well I dont know why you resurected a 6 month old thread, over a line out of the OFFICIAL biography on the DND site of him.....but......

My sentiments exactly.. but.. if you read my signature.. i'm not allowed to reply.. but
I can add a +1 to yours...

Back