• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Braces

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL84

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I have shitty teeth and am going to get braces soon. But I am also going to be going to basic training in 2 months. Should I get braces before or after basic? I am thinking after, but even if I get them after...will I still be able to go out in the field with them on?? What should I do? :D

depends what you are doing, if you are doing the weekend BMQ, i‘d go ahead and get them now, the sooner you have them put on, the sooner you have them taken off. although if you were to do the summer 10 week BMQ, i‘d wait until you got back, simply because you are supposed to go see the orthodontist every 30 days, and thats not really possible if you are gone for 10 weeks (altho going ten weeks isnt that big of a deal)but also because if something goes wrong with them in the 10 weeks while u are at the BMQ course (ie: broken bracket)you are a long ways away from youre dentist to get it fixed and the CF wont cover any damage, nor fix them for you.

and yes you can go into the field, with braces on, just keep youre mouth shut, wouldnt want any light reflecting off those braces and giving ure positon away to the enemy. :D

thanks, im goin reg army infantry rcr. leavin for basic in may. i will get them after when im rich with all my blood and sweat money haha. thanks again.

Better watch out with you‘r braces, they could get caught in a trip wire ;)

Sorry to disturb the mood but isnt this a Personell locating forumn....WTF doses braces have to do with Perssonell locating. Although you point is helpful too mee to plz help the forums keep organized and postthis either in recruiting or infantry or off topic section...and yeah those trip wires are sure as **** dangerous ;)

Originally posted by leopard11:
[qb] depends what you are doing, if you are doing the weekend BMQ, i‘d go ahead and get them now, the sooner you have them put on, the sooner you have them taken off. although if you were to do the summer 10 week BMQ, i‘d wait until you got back, simply because you are supposed to go see the orthodontist every 30 days, and thats not really possible if you are gone for 10 weeks (altho going ten weeks isnt that big of a deal)but also because if something goes wrong with them in the 10 weeks while u are at the BMQ course (ie: broken bracket)you are a long ways away from youre dentist to get it fixed and the CF wont cover any damage, nor fix them for you.

and yes you can go into the field, with braces on, just keep youre mouth shut, wouldnt want any light reflecting off those braces and giving ure positon away to the enemy. :D [/qb]
FINALLY, the question I‘ve been asking forever‘s been answered. Well, as for the broken bracket, if it‘s broken in the way that it‘s popped off your tooth.. two words: SUPER GLUE.
And if you‘re going Infantry, I wouldn‘t recommend getting glow in the dark braces. Reason‘s obvious. Another thing to keep in mind is that after you get braces you‘re stuck with a retainer.

Every 30 days? Pfft.
Mine‘s more like every 60. And I‘ve been in trouble a few times for numerous broken brackets from all the crazy sh!t I pull. 11 brackets in one sitting.. :D

[Edited because I cannot spell]

60 days lol wow ure lucky, i only broke one bracket in the 3.5 years i had my braces. i wouldnt have broken any if i hadn‘t had a basketball thrown at my head.
now i no longer have braces which is absolutley wonderfull, but i have two permanent retainers (just wires place in-behind my teeth) i also have a mouthguard style retainer im supposed to wear at night, but on my BMQ weekends i dont even bring it, too much of a bother.

:o
*points and scolds*
Your orthodontist‘s going to have your head for that.

This doesn‘t belong in the Personnel Locator Forum. Moving to Recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back