• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bombs in Baghdad

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-10-24T152522Z_01_DIT453368_RTRUKOC_0_UK-IRAQ-BLASTS.xml

Damage to the Sheraton and Palestine Hotels due to at least one truck bomb [cement mixer] and either rockets or smaller car bombs. Early reports are 11 dead.

The last one shook our entire compound.  And we're about a mile away.

Woke me from my nap too.:P

Travel half way round the world and what do I find, more "Eh sayers.

teddy49 said:
The last one shook our entire compound.   And we're about a mile away.

Woke me from my nap too.:P

Coverage of what's goin on there isn't very good here (Canada).  BBC and CNN do some stuff but mostly the same opportunism as in the beginning (read: western reporters get their security sorted too late to file the pics for the 6).  Better part of what's reported is connected to the Bush political sit.  Nothin really about what its like to be there.  Rockets on the Al Rashid was an alarm clock for me one morning there.  Wasn't in the hotel but the folks we worked with were.  Too funny though when they had to move out of their 5 star accomd and lunch time swims.  They all became trailer trash over at the palace.  Morale took a huge dive.  Then they were lookin to come live with us!  Anyway, cut the blue wire... 

I think that the only reason that was covered as well as it had been, was because the BBC, SkyNews and Euronews, and I think CNN crews lived there.  I believe the footage of the Cement mixer was on a Sky News fixed camera.

I could be wrong.

Back