• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bombing Targets Canadian Troops - 18 Sep 06

a78jumper said:
I am beyond disgust with the Taliban for taking out little children in this cowardly attack. Targetting soldiers is one thing, someone's kids trying to get some candy and school notebooks shows just how depraved these animals are.  If I was 20 years younger......
+1. too bad I wasent over there to help as well.  :salute:  :cdn:  :salute:

this is a habit I would truly like to break............rest in peace to the fallen and a speedy recovery to the wounded.  We thank you for your sacrifice.    :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

This is becoming way to frequent for me, another sad sad day for Canada as a whole, RIP brothers, stand easy

:salute: :cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute: :cdn:  :'(

From CTV

The unit attacked was made up mainly from the Second Batallion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry based in Manitoba.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060917/suicide_bomb_afghan_060918/20060918?hub=TopStories

Prayers going out to Shilo

muffin

My guy is 2VP, fearing the worst, hoping for the best with all my heart.
Thoughts and prayers go to all the fallen, the injured and everyone left behind to worry and wait.

littlebug said:
My guy is 2VP, fearing the worst, hoping for the best with all my heart.
Thoughts and prayers go to all the fallen, the injured and everyone left behind to worry and wait.

Littlebug,

The whole Army.ca family, the whole military family, the good people of Canada, are behind you, and the loved ones of all on the TF...

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_e.asp?id=2067

News Release
Four Canadian soldiers killed, others injured in Afghanistan
CEFCOM NR–06.023 - September 18, 2006

OTTAWA - Four Canadian soldiers were killed and a number of others injured when a suicide bomber, travelling on a bicycle, detonated himself near Canadian troops conducting a foot patrol in the Panjwayi district, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.  The attack occurred at approximately 9:30 a.m. Kandahar time, about 30 km west of Kandahar City. An unknown number of civilians, including children, were also injured in the explosion.

The identities of the deceased soldiers are being withheld pending notification of next-of-kin.

International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) helicopters evacuated the injured soldiers to various ISAF medical facilities in the region, including the Canadian-led multinational hospital at the Kandahar Airfield. Two injured Afghan children were also evacuated to the Canadian Provincial Reconstruction Team’s (PRT) camp in Kandahar City for medical treatment. All of the injured soldiers have non-life threatening injuries.

Cowardly Taliban attacks like this are an attempt to undermine Canadian and international efforts to help the Afghan people achieve peace and security.

Reconstruction of Afghanistan, the overarching goal of Canada and of the international community, is inhibited by insurgency. The Taliban have proven time and time again that they are opposed to the reconstruction of Afghanistan and the improvement of conditions for all Afghans.

Prayers out  :cdn:

These are the people the Dippers want to "negotiate" with.

As Pea and littlebug have said now we wait with bated breath hoping our friends are OK and praying for the men and women of 2VP.

My thoughts and prayers are to the families of the fallen and the wounded

My condolences to the family, friends and the PPCLI on the loss of Pte. David Byers. :salute:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060917/suicide_bomb_afghan_060918/20060918?hub=TopStories

Pte Byers...stand...easy.  RIP  :salute:

Thoughts and prayers for a young soldiers comrades, loved ones, family and friends.

:cdn:  We will remember.

Back