• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Body Armor Study

Currently in theater the shoulder pads are the only thing allowed to be removed off the vest....by "A Veh" crews ONLY.

This is due to the hatches being so small that to leave them on hinders movement in and out of the hatch. Especially for turret crews.

Anyone else doing so....well, I would'nt do it. The Force RSM will have you for breakfast  ;)

They are there for a reason and they work for shrapnell coming at you.

Yes it's bulky and hot as hell. It's a pain in the butt to put on and it hurts the back after wearing it for 8 hours or more...bouncing around in a LAV.

But it will save your life from the dirtbag who's got a bead on you.....

Regards

You know what, now that I think about it our armor does not have any protection for my Junk.    Man thats like playing hockey without a jock  one of these days your gonna get it there.

Maybe kevlar boxers ?

Interceptor body armor with new ACU [army combat uniform].

interceptor-deltoid-image1.jpg

Kevlar Shorts

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_Kevlar,,00.html

tomahawk6 said:
The current body armor worn by the Army has stopped 7.62mm bullets.

gallery-msg-1121811673-2.jpg

gallery-msg-1121811965-2.jpg

gallery-msg-1121811844-2.jpg

Yeah if it hit's the plates.  I believe the study was talking mainly about the stuff that missed the plates and penetrated the soft armor itself.

Body armor cannot protect every part of the body if you want the soldier to be able to move. I saw somewhere that a complately armored soldier would be wearing 125 pounds of armor not to mention the rest of the equipment he was obliged to carry. Right now we have a happy medium and as technology allows we might be able to move away from plates to more flexible armor types.

full_body_armor_1.jpg

Back