• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bodies of 2 women found near Belleville, Ont.

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
From the cbc website:
Provincial police are investigating after officers found the bodies of two women at a home near Belleville, Ont., Friday morning.
Prince Edward County OPP officers responded to a 911 call reporting a shooting at a home on Valley Road, just south of Belleville. When officers arrived at the home, they found the bodies.
A third person was airlifted to Kingston General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police arrested a man in nearby Trenton at about 10 a.m. Friday in connection to the shooting.
For those not that familiar with Belleville, it lies at the south end of Hastings County, butting up against the shores of the Bay of Quinte.  The other side of that bay is Prince Edward County.  Valley Road is over near Mountainview.

I just read about this on another website. Belleville/Trenton area again....

My condolences to the families.

And I'm sure the media and other conspiracy theorists will try to pin this on Williams, who is very much behind bars.
My condolences to the ladies families and best wishes for a speedy recovery on the third who may shed some light on the situation.

:salute:

Another shooting in Edmonton this morning. And a drive by in Winnipeg.

Is this a crazy day or what?

No doubt respected criminals of the community using their registered firearms, eh.

OWDU

I was thinking the same thing;  those guns better be registered or somebody's in big trouble.

No one will get into any trouble they all came from broken homes, mommy was a crack whore, daddy abused them and society generally failed them.
Welcome to gun crime in Canada 101.

Apparently another case of a disgruntled ex-boyfriend who couldn't handle rejection. the shooter, sorry alleged shooter is a 18 year-old local boy who was dating the girl who was wounded, the two killed were her mother and younger sister. Full story can be found here:

Mother and daughter killed - sister wounded.

Apparently, the alleged shooter, despite his young age, had a checkered past. According to acquittances "Mr. Brown (the alleged shooter)was known for losing his temper when he was drunk"  and "One time he tried to rob the beer store with a brick. He stole his grandpa’s truck and crashed it. And laughed and said he loved the insurance money.

Flawed Design said:
Man I hope I never get posted to Trenton.

Yea, the area seems to sit in Stephen King country. From today's National Post:

"It's another tragic day when you look at what the city has just been through with the murder of Jessica Lloyd," Mayor Ellis said.

Ms. Lloyd, 27, went missing from Belleville in late January. Her body was discovered near a rural highway by police in early February. Colonel Russell Williams, the former commander of CFB Trenton, is charged with first-degree murder in connection to her death and that of another woman, Corporal Marie-France Comeau, 37, a flight attendant with a military transport squadron who was found asphyxiated in her Brighton home in November.

They, along with Tracy Hannah and her daughter, are among the victims of several recent killings in the county and surrounding area.

Last month, 48-year-old Lisa Marie Palmiere was found shot to death in a Trenton house. In January, the beaten body of 38-year-old Mark Patterson was found in Rossmore, just south of Belleville.

In September 2009, the body of Picton resident and single mom Steffany Gardiner, 26, was found on a public beach at Papineau Lake in the Township of Hastings Highlands. Two months earlier, the body of 61-year-old Robert Vaillancourt, a Belleville sheet metal worker, was recovered from the Moira River.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/story.html?id=2677937

Flawed Design said:
Man I hope I never get posted to Trenton.
Uh huh! it seems to be getting bad around here.  All these murders.  What gets me is the fact that this alleged murderer was at a local pub getting drunk! and the pub claims it checks ID.  What kind of local girl would hook up with a guy like that? Oh yeah, she broke up with him.  This kid will be going away for a long time. 
Speedy recovery Shannon and may your mom and sister Rest In Peace.  I hope Justice visits upon you soon.  :salute:
social comment So, it seems that to be a "normal" youth of 16-18 here in the glowing metropolis of Quinte West, you need to own a gun, get drunk alot and have lots of unprotected sex (mostly girls here who have many babies, some by different men)  It threw me for a complete loop when I first moved here, took my two high school aged lads to the local high school and heard about the day care centre there.  I thought "isn't that nice, a day care for the teacher's babies"  NO! that's for the students babies  :o
Am I, along with many others here, getting too old and set in our ways (read becoming intolerant of bad behavior and stupidity!) or just not keeping up with the times of the "new" adolescents  ???
:blotto:    :blotto: 

Is there really a day care in the high school ? That is just... can't even put a word to it =\ I don't understand that at all..

As for the poor girl who got shoot... I wish her a speedy recovery and hopefully our laws will smack this young adult around and put him where he should be for a very long time.

HavocSteve said:
Is there really a day care in the high school ? That is just... can't even put a word to it =\ I don't understand that at all..

As for the poor girl who got shoot... I wish her a speedy recovery and hopefully our laws will smack this young adult around and put him where he should be for a very long time.

The terrible problem with the justice system is that he'll get himself a lawyer who will argue to have him charged under the young offenders act and this little sh*t gets off or minimal time in jail (probably min sec too!)
I say charge his a$$ like an adult and put it in prison with real adults and bad guys (perhaps he will get reformed and not want to go back!!!)))) 

What ever happened to jail or the army for young kids..???  Oh yeah! Human Rights etc!!! 
{rant off, now I'll go back to my corner}

BYT Driver said:
.... It threw me for a complete loop when I first moved here, took my two high school aged lads to the local high school and heard about the day care centre there.  I thought "isn't that nice, a day care for the teacher's babies"  NO! that's for the students babies ...

Old news, I remember visiting my nephew in Saskatoon and he pointed out a local school that a day car centre and that was 15 years ago!

[/quote] The terrible problem with the justice system is that he'll get himself a lawyer who will argue to have him charged under the young offenders act and this little **** gets off or minimal time in jail (probably min sec too!)
I say charge his a$$ like an adult [/quote]

I guess you weren't paying attention to the news. The alleged killer is 18 years old. In other words he is an adult and will be tried as an adult... no young offenders act for him. Unless he's declared mentally incompetent or something along that line, he's going away big time!

Saw this in the news. I don't know if it is of interest, but here it is anyway.:

"If 18-year-old murder suspect Dean Brown was indeed tying one on at "MJ's" — Matt & Joe's Night-club — the provincial liquor licence agency wants to know about it."
http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2492368

Retired AF Guy said:
Old news, I remember visiting my nephew in Saskatoon and he pointed out a local school that a day car centre and that was 15 years ago!

The terrible problem with the justice system is that he'll get himself a lawyer who will argue to have him charged under the young offenders act and this little **** gets off or minimal time in jail (probably min sec too!)
I say charge his a$$ like an adult

I guess you weren't paying attention to the news. The alleged killer is 18 years old. In other words he is an adult and will be tried as an adult... no young offenders act for him. Unless he's declared mentally incompetent or something along that line, he's going away big time!

You missed the part where I said he'll get a good lawyer who'll get him off as a young offender. 
IMHO, once found guilty he should receive the chinese treatment...

:piper:

BYT Driver said:
IMHO, once found guilty he should receive the chinese treatment...

Something tells me you're not talking about acupuncture...

Nope.

I'm finding it hard to understand what could have gotten into that boy's head after breaking up with this girl and then go and try to blow her head off ??  Are we turning into americans by sorting out our personal problems at the end of a gun ??  There was another domestic dispute further in town last weekend that ended the same way! You can't blame the recession (that's ending) anymore.  Smarten up people and {literally} get a life and move on. 
Take the rejection and move on, learn from it, perhaps become a better person for it.  Maybe the chemistry wasn't right?  Perhaps she felt you were a jerk and wanted out?  {I think she was right if that's the case ??}
{rant off}
I hope the other girl recovers quickly and bears witness in court.
{devils advocate here} This fellow might actually be a very nice guy with great marks in school and comes from a descent family and had a great life ahead of him and just snapped when the love of his life ended thier relationship. ???

Are we turning into americans by sorting out our personal problems at the end of a gun ??

Wow I should be offended.  :o
But I'm not. The statement though seems to fly in the face of gun violence throughout Canada. Cops get shot by people who arent supposed to own a handgun. Armed criminals dont think twice at doing a driveby in Toronto or elsewhere. The sad truth is that where there are criminals there will be violence. Then throw in upstanding citizens that have reached their breaking point. Kids that make bad decisions whether its on the roadway or killing one of their fellows for no reason or for that age old reason - love.

tomahawk6 said:
Wow I should be offended.  :o
But I'm not. The statement though seems to fly in the face of gun violence throughout Canada. Cops get shot by people who arent supposed to own a handgun. Armed criminals dont think twice at doing a driveby in Toronto or elsewhere. The sad truth is that where there are criminals there will be violence. Then throw in upstanding citizens that have reached their breaking point. Kids that make bad decisions whether its on the roadway or killing one of their fellows for no reason or for that age old reason - love.

T6, I don't think Canadians are less violent than USA; also, guns seem to be increasingly available on the Canadian black market.  You have a larger population and that's perhaps the factor that may skewer perception.  Just as friends of mine living on Vancouver Island  think Ontario is the root-of-all-evil in Canada, but again, we are the most populous province.

I don't follow the gun debate, I've never even actually held a gun ( if I'm walking alone in the dark, I'll have my large set of keys wedged between the fingers of my fisted hand at all times)  but people motivated by violence will find whatever method or tool is available or familiar.  As an experiment,  I keyed "knife-stabbing" and "Manitoba" into a "Google Alert" and was amazed at the number of daily hits I got ( Last year, someone had mentioned that Manitoba was the 'violent knifing province of Canada' and I'd been testing that theory.)

As for Trenton and Belleville areas dwelling in an evil Stephen King-like vortex,  people were saying the same thing about the Woodstock area last spring: the co-accused and the victim, Victoria Stafford, being from the same town; the hillbilly heroin oxy-contin factor, methadone clinics, the Bandito trial going on at the same time and so on and so forth--you could almost hear the banjos playing.

It seems to me Ontario is more violent this past year-- thinking especially of some very bizarre cases and recent police officer killings--but statistics are needed to confirm that--guessing that socio-economic factors, drugs and desperation fuel violence--I'm no criminologist, though.

Back