• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

owa said:
Pretty sure this November group is gonna tear it up.

As stated, in one form or another, by almost every course. That bravado quickly dissipates shortly after the first day starts. ;)

recceguy said:
As stated, in one form or another, by almost every course. That bravado quickly dissipates shortly after the first day starts. ;)

I give us until the third day before we cry.

So I found out a little more than a month ago I am heading to basic in St. Jean.  Wondering who all is going with me and also a quick question.  When starting so close to Christmas when will leave for it begin and end?

Thanks,

Andrew

Oh, probably some of the people in this 12 page thread:  BMQ Nov 2010

As far as leave goes, you'll find out when you get there.  I'm going to bet guess (thanks, owa) 18 Dec - 02 Jan or something like that.

PMedMoe said:
Oh, probably some of the people in this 12 page thread:  BMQ Nov 2010

As far as leave goes, you'll find out when you get there.  I'm going to bet 18 Dec - 02 Jan or something like that.

Even though this thread is redundant, I actually was pleased to see this leave "bet".  I know it isn't full-proof, but I know my girlfriend was curious to know when I'd be on Christmas leave, and this will give her at least a little bit of an idea (even if it is just a guess -- you have experience in the forces, so it's likely an educated guess haha).

I think it's going to be pretty cool being on course for Remembrance Day.  I wonder if there's anything different going on for that, maybe like a little ceremony or something.

Yeah, I've read/heard different things regarding the break, was making plans for a cruise with the family but I don't want to make plans on a he said, she said thing so probably will have to pass on the vacation.

As has been said before, don't make financial plans without a signed leave pass.  Also, those dates I posted were a "guesstimate".  ;)

PMedMoe said:
As has been said before, don't make financial plans without a signed leave pass.  Also, those dates I posted were a "guesstimate".  ;)

Yeah, luckily the only financial plan I need to make is for flights.  Other then that, I just need to appease the lady friend so she can have some sort of idea when she'll see me again haha.  It helps keep her tits from knotting up and her getting sour.

owa said:
Yeah, luckily the only financial plan I need to make is for flights.  Other then that, I just need to appease the lady friend so she can have some sort of idea when she'll see me again haha.  It helps keep her tits from knotting up and her from getting sour.

Was that crossed out part really necessary?  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Was that crossed out part really necessary?  ::)

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Don't get your tits in a knot"/"Don't get your tits in a tangle" before.

owa said:
I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Don't get your tits in a knot"/"Don't get your tits in a tangle" before.

Yes, and I really didn't appreciate it then, either.  I've heard the saying, it's just not necessary to type it out as such.  "Knickers in a knot" may be more appropriate.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Yes, and I really didn't appreciate it then, either.  I've heard the saying, it's just not necessary to type it out as such.  "Knickers in a knot" may be more appropriate.  ;)

It's a pretty harmless word.  Nothing to get your knickers in a knot over.

Yeah I figured it would be around that time frame which is why I decided to arrive by vechile instead of by air.  It is only a 8 hour drive and then at least I wont have to make Air arrangments for 20 days left to come back home.  Thanks for the guesstimate :)

AtEase said:
Yeah I figured it would be around that time frame which is why I decided to arrive by vechile instead of by air.  It is only a 8 hour drive and then at least I wont have to make Air arrangments for 20 days left to come back home.  Thanks for the guesstimate :)

No problem.  Drive safe, particularly in the winter.  Watch the weather, too.

Back