• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Black Betty sleeping pad

TCBF said:
And for anyone who cares, as of 3 Apr 96: 8465-21-107-4862 Mattress Pneumatic, B class, $121.65
That would be the Self inflating ones from Mustang in BC. The rubber (Black Betty) would not draw such a considerable cost. The betty's are still coming out of the system and I have shipped them to California and Northern Quebec. They also make great Sleds for the sand dunes in the Pinery Provincial Park,  :rage:after the third night of waking up deflated.
Cheers

geo said:
Hmmm.... felt let down, did you?

:tsktsk: 2 minute penalty for bad puns.

The Betty was also great for staircase toboggan runs IIRC.

Doh!
But they left the door wiiiide open!
what is a fella to do?

"That would be the Self inflating ones from Mustang in BC."

- I was pretty sure I got the right NSN, but I will check tomorrow.

I know they were over $100 in 1986.

Thanks for making me feel young TCBF. I was born in 86 :nana:

October... I had just been posted from CFRS Cornwallis back to 1Tp Recce Sqn 8CH(PL) in CFB Petawawa in Sep 86.  Come Oct, we were in and out of the field all of the time, training for march and shoot competition, training for the winter ex in Frobisher in Jan, doing SA ranges, and LOTS of PT.

Good times.

:)

Tom

TCBF said:
October... I had just been posted from CFRS Cornwallis back to 1Tp Recce Sqn 8CH(PL) in CFB Petawawa in Sep 86.  Come Oct, we were in and out of the field all of the time, training for march and shoot competition, training for the winter ex in Frobisher in Jan, doing SA ranges, and LOTS of PT.

Good times.

:)

Tom

I love hearing my old Sgts and Wo's talking about this or that ex in Germany or wherever "back in 86".....and I just look at them and say...."I was 2"

Priceless

Love that  piece of kit. I actually use both of them. The somewhat-self-inflating air mattress  in the summer or when I'm walking somewhere, and the rubber lady when it's -30C or below. I have a  couple of times  used it to sleep on t he ground at below -30 without a tent and I was quite impressed with it.  I have a repair kit gun taped to it.  A lot of people dont' know that you can use the case of the thermarest to inflate it though. 

Back