• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Box Lunch and Worse

muskrat89 said:
LOL - I'm sure there were enough of them that he could spread the blame over 2 of us....

:warstory:

At least I never stole your lunch on CLC.... oh yeah I did didn't I >:D

you stole his box lunch on that CLC crse????????????  No wonder he lost 20 lbs!  ;D

"I miss When Borden used to put the chicken fingers into the box lunches..... man those were good!"

-They were fingers, but they weren't CHICKEN...

;D

- Box Lunch in a bag, Spring 1992, Freyung, Germany,  GebirgsPanzerAufklarungsBataillon 8, bag lunches:

A see-through plastic bag with:

1X Mars bar
1X White cold sausage of unknown origin
1X can of Coke
4X slices German Army bauenbrot
1X tin of meat/spead/pate
Misc butter/jam/snacky-poos, etc.

- Best Cdn box lunch:  On a Herc ride from CFB Trenton to Frobisher Bay, Summer 1983.

Kim towel (think industrial paper towel) and butter sandwich, thank you CFB Esquimalt.

A few months later some dumb a** kitchen flunky was at a house party and made the mistake of bragging about screwing us over. Dumb, dumb and dumb.

Best was Trenton. Couple fried chicken legs, potato salad, fresh cut fruit salad...........

Mud Recce Man said:
Nope.

IMPs - little meals in a tin (well a bag of some sort, foil? or something) bag. 

Hay Box - lots of big containers, each with a different "part" of the meal.  Require KFS and melmac.  Well, recommended I should say.  I've had em in my hands after filling up the callsign with diesel.  Usually some type of meat, potatoes, veggie's, soup, and lots of other stuff like bread, cake and other EIS comes with them mostly.

Box lunch - literally, lunch in a box.  Various types of sandwiches and reasonable/unreasonable facsimile's  ;D and other stuff in them.

You have just passed PO/EO 401.01, How the Military Feeds Its Own.   ;D

The old IRP's came in tins and powdered tea  :-X

OMG!  Somebody else remembers the RP-4! 

Yes I remember them, and I remember those crackers.  We wound up with this butter in an olive green tube that I was told was Australian.  Between that and all the jam and penie-bunner packs that were in the "extras" bag, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. The whole thing came in two boxes IIRC, and contained brekkie, lunch and supper.  An RP-4 introduced me to my first canned bacon, (that magical ambrosia already mentioned earlier in this thread).

All of the canned stuff was brand-name: none of this generic crap I remember being saddled with when I wound up for a short time having to survive on the infamous US "C" Ration.  I'm still fairly sure the (corned beef hash?) was dog food in an OD tin.  but I have to admit, I always like the US can opener (they call it the "John Wayne") better than ours.  It was sharper, and had a longer handle...better leverage y'know.

Back