• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beret badge now wearing on side?

I see this going the way of the pants blousing thread...if the issue beret doesn't meet your criteria, do what everyone else used to do and spend a little money on one that is nice and looks the way you feel it should within dress regs (Kiwi, Belgique or Pakistani).

MM

I can't wait for my muskrat lined winter cap - the CWO down here is going to flip when he sees us wearing it.

Zoomie said:
I can't wait for my muskrat lined winter cap - the CWO down here is going to flip when he sees us wearing it.

No doubt !  :facepalm: Pilots.......

Jim Seggie said:
No doubt !  :facepalm: Pilots.......

I can see a bunch of us in Comox ordering them for the hell of it.  At least I am.  ;D

medicineman said:
(Kiwi, Belgique or Pakistani)

Ou artiste parisien, peut-être?

widget_dWDxRexi9hZ5Y9eXBIT6ze.jpg

Just tell the Sergeant Major you've changed your religion to Dada, which would be fitting in so many ways.

Its purpose was to ridicule what its participants considered to be the meaninglessness of the modern world. In addition to being anti-war, dada was also anti-bourgeois and anarchist in nature.

Danjanou said:
Oh you meant the capbadge placment beret thing......

That was friggin' on point.
Lol....
Lol to the extreme...
Lol until "near-prolapse".

(I'd assess, but you already got yours for today)

Jungle said:
That lesson goes for all Officers from Platoon Comd on up: pay attention to your WO/Sgt-Maj's advice.

Like "General, you really shouldn't be banging that Master Corporal...."

Infanteer said:
Like "General, you really shouldn't be banging that Master Corporal...."

Oh yeah and I can just imagine how that conversation went 8)

lethalLemon said:
UK military forces don't have an existing dress regulation on berets, so it's no wonder.

I think the whole "further left" thing is a "look-cool factor." Because, I'll be honest, some British troops with their berets worn like that... look friggin' hardcore, hahaha.

Edit: nevermind - removed my "P.S."

My capbadge has pieces which dig into my forehead no matter how I set it up, wearing a tiny bit more to the left would be all the more comfortable... Different rules for different people I suppose. Regs are Regs however, every one should be the same, or everyone should receive the same flexibility. I can complain about this all day long, but its a game with rules...play the rules and you get to pass go and collect your $200

Back