• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beret badge now wearing on side?

dan514

Inactive
Reaction score
I've seen this on CTV News, high brass in Afghanistan wearing his beret badge, not above his left eye, but farther left like the brits do.

Is that correct?

Has there been  a change recently?

The regulations on wearing berets has not changed, some pers that are high in rank put the own interpretation on the dress regulations thus you see some strange wearing of headress

UK military forces don't have an existing dress regulation on berets, so it's no wonder.

I think the whole "further left" thing is a "look-cool factor." Because, I'll be honest, some British troops with their berets worn like that... look friggin' hardcore, hahaha.

Edit: nevermind - removed my "P.S."

Ive seen a few officers wear it like this, I think its so they can have a "CUSTOM" look. Soon people will want to put chrome trim around their combat boots.

This picture is precisely why a TF Comd has a TF CWO - Dress, Deportment, Drill, Duties and Discipline.

If the CFCWO can keep the CDS in check dress wise.....

I'm not a big fan of the sideways look either. Its centered above the left eye, but at a 45 degree or greater angle because someone didn't want to form their beret properly.

Anything other than centered on left eye and straight up and down just looks dumb IMO.

I tended to wear mine a little closer to the centre.
When your proud of your badge you want everyone to see it coming toward them.
To the side almost seems like you trying to hide it.

signalsguy said:
This seems to be a 5 Bde thing....

In their defence, the Vandoo hat badge takes up alot of room, however it's funny how their NCO's manage to look right despite that.  I'm really not one to talk, since mine tends to be a bit farther left than it should, especially when I need a haircut  ;D.

MM

Jim Seggie said:
This picture is precisely why a TF Comd has a TF CWO - Dress, Deportment, Drill, Duties and Discipline.

So, where was the TF CWO when that photo was taken?

I'm just askin......

dangerboy said:
The regulations on wearing berets has not changed, some pers that are high in rank put the own interpretation on the dress regulations thus you see some strange wearing of headress

Well just look at how his tour ended up...

It seems to be a "since at least Colonel" thing.....

milnews.ca said:
It seems to be a "since at least Colonel" thing.....

Or just a "Menard" thing:

150764-brigadier-general-dan-menard-commandant.jpg

;)

PMedMoe said:
Or just a "Menard" thing:
;)

Oh, c'mon folks....he had a lot of other things on his mind......

(Maybe the "sideways badge"  is like the "detergent on the windowsill")
;D

Hammer Sandwich said:
Oh, c'mon folks....he had a lot of other things on his mind......

(Maybe the "sideways badge"  is like the "detergent on the windowsill")
;D

OOOhhh LOL good one!! another big smile happening here!!

....One could also assume there would be a distinct lack of mirrors when dressing in a dark CONEX container behind the IMP crates.....

(sorry, I'll stop now)

Back