• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Training Kit List

Island Ryhno said:
Wal Mart has Kiwi gear, any Canex and most super markets, you just have to look closely they hide it with the mops and floor wax   ::) Any shoe store that sells GOOD shoes like Clarkes, Joseph Siebel should also have everything you need...Bonus; people working in these stores know alot about shining shoes   ;)

All I was able to find was Tana products.  Is that good enough or does it really have to be kiwi.?

I'd  imagine you would want quality products unless you want to polish them more often...  :)

Cheers

Tana is comparable, but Kiwi is preferred! I can't imagine it being so hard to find Kiwi products  :eek: Try a mens store that sells suits and shoes etc. If you live near a base, go see if there is a canex there. If not try talking to some CF members in your area, they may be able to direct you to where you need to go!

Thanks for the help I will try that.   I always thought that kiwi was very popular and that it would be easy to find.   I know that there is an army surplus store near by and they say that they have the military boot kits for polishing.   Would that work as well?

OK.  I will try that.  Once thanks for the help.  You guys are the best and I really appreciate all the advice that you give to us.

hair spray on the bottom of your boots gives the bottom a nice shine but make sure its dry before you put it on the shelve or it'll stick and wet ones(almost like towelltes get the carbon off you weapons amazingly well and use foot power honestly or you'll get the worst blisters imaginable

Hey I was wondering 2 things; first is if I'm taking a plane, should I risk taking the razors, shave gel and ironing starch since they are both in containers and the razors...well you know. They are pretty anal at the security check, last time I had problems just going with colonge lol. And my second question is about shoes, they want you to bring 1 pair of runners, but I have 2 pairs, ones that I wear casual and the others for training. So do I just wear the ones that I use for training to travel there as well, or can I bring my casual runners, and then pack the training ones in the bag? I know its a weird Q but I worry more about the little things then the big lol.

Thanks

Take your "Running" shoes for running, if you wear running shoes as your everyday other pair (say with jeans or what not) wear those en route.

Don't even bother trying to take razors on carry on with you. why don't you just put them in your checked baggage? As for the Kiwi stuff, I've found that every Shoppers Drugmart I've been into have had a small black tin, large black tin, parade gloss and kiwi cloth. In the larger stores I've also seen applicator brushes and regular brushes.
Now for some help. I can't seem to find glide anywhere. I've been looking in loblaws and various other grocery stores where all of the laundry stuff is. any help would be great!
Cheers,
Morgs

Edit: I mentioned parade gloss above. Should I get some of this?

Parade Gloss is crap.  Just get yer elbow into it...they'll shine.  Steal your sisters clear nail polish for in welts of the boots too.  soft baby's toothbrush works great in there too..

CHIMO,  Kat

Thanks guys, hey Morgs, when you said the Larger stores, what stores specifically? BTW what is the applicator and parode? I thought you just needed a soft brush and a hard one with the cloth and paste...

Kat Stevens said:
Parade Gloss is crap. Just get yer elbow into it...they'll shine. Steal your sisters clear nail polish for in welts of the boots too. soft baby's toothbrush works great in there too..

CHIMO, Kat

Thanks Kat, I don't have a sister but my brother will do.  ;)

Clipse said:
Thanks guys, hey Morgs, when you said the Larger stores, what stores specifically? BTW what is the applicator and parode? I thought you just needed a soft brush and a hard one with the cloth and paste...

Hey Clipse, I live in Toronto and there is a smaller Shoppers near where (more residential) I live but a but up near Yonge and Eglinton there is a Huge one, just like down near Yonge and College there is a big one too. I just meant that the larger stored tend to carry more inventory. I'm assuming parade gloss is just supposed to be better at getting a really good shine, but as stated above by someone in the know, its crap.
Here is a link. The applicator brush is the 5th brush down: http://www.joesshoeservice.com/brushes.htm
Cheers,
Morgs

Hey guys, I was looking at the kit list on the link given, and it said shaving cream (must not be transported by air)...can someone clear this up for me? Because I got some Gillete cream and how else am I supposed to bring it there, or will I be given a chance to buy it there.

And with the shower tongs, I went to walmart, but didnt know whether to get regular like slippers you would were to a pool, or the actual tongs that you put your whole foot in them (like shoes). Which ones are they, or can it be either?

Thanks in advance!!!

12 more days :D!!!!

Clipse said:
Hey guys, I was looking at the kit list on the link given, and it said shaving cream (must not be transported by air)...can someone clear this up for me? Because I got some Gillete cream and how else am I supposed to bring it there, or will I be given a chance to buy it there.

And with the shower tongs, I went to walmart, but didnt know whether to get regular like slippers you would were to a pool, or the actual tongs that you put your whole foot in them (like shoes). Which ones are they, or can it be either?

Thanks in advance!!!

12 more days :D!!!!

You'll be given a chance to buy all your toiletries there in the beginning of the first week. Same goes with the hangers, iron, boot bands, pretty much everything on the list you can buy at the Canex, so don't waist your time lugging all that crap across the country like I did. ;D

As far as shower tongs go, we had a little bit of both on our course, so just pick which ever style you like best.

There is a Canex on base where you can buy supplies such as shaving cream and other hygenial accessories.

And shower tongs? You'll be living in your boots!

:)

Cheers

As for cleaning supples, I swear by Swiffer, and Mr Clean Magic Eraser is a miracle worker when it comes to scuff marks on the floors.

Good luck.  ;)

"And shower tongs? You'll be living in your boots!"

Not really, do you shower in your boots at home?  ;D You need some sort of footwear for showers so you don't get athletes foot etc, nasty bit of business that stuff. Also combat boots leave nice black marks on your clean floor, don't wear them in barracks if you don't have to  ;)

Back