• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Trainig In St. Jean Que.

• Thread starter Thread starter Harrier101
  • Start date Start date
CFmember said:
If I do get boots, should I push for new ones, or will the old wrinkled pair they offered me be better? Will I be the only guy with used boots at IAP and BOTP? If so, I think it may be better to get some blisters then be the one odd guy of the group with old boots.
Don't worry about getting boots until you get to ST Jean, the key is getting boots that fit and breaking them in. DO NOT get used boots (unless of course they're very slightly used) Vern will correct me if I'm wrong but boots cannot be re-issued if the imprint of a persons foot has been left in the sole of the boot. This will do more damage to your feet, knees, and back than the blisters will. Vern please weigh in here if I'm right out to lunch.

ArtyNewbie said:
Don't worry about getting boots until you get to ST Jean, the key is getting boots that fit and breaking them in. DO NOT get used boots (unless of course they're very slightly used) Vern will correct me if I'm wrong but boots cannot be re-issued if the imprint of a persons foot has been left in the sole of the boot. This will do more damage to your feet, knees, and back than the blisters will. Vern please weigh in here if I'm right out to lunch.

You're correct, that is the standard for reissue of footwear (or some vile medical rashy-foot-problem etc prevents reissue) so in that area, you are indeed doing good. This question has undoubtedly been answered 100 times in the past three years; probably by me 30 of those times in the past almost two years (I've almost been here two years now!!) but, I wasn't here three years ago ......

to respond to the specific poster's question that you just did!!  >:D   ;D

Edit:  Should have checked the date on that first!  I'm sure he woudlve figured it out 3 years after the fact!

RCR Grunt 

I believe the responses from yesterday post where in regards to a new members question Soldier19  who had just posted to this thread yesterday.  Even though the last  original post was from 2004 like you said .

Back