• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

basic schedule

• Thread starter Thread starter James12345
  • Start date Start date
J

James12345

Hey guys,
I picked up all the info package for the Forces about a month ago and am going to hand it all in in about 2 weeks. I am in New York right now so i cant hand it in till then but i was wondering how often basic training camps go on through the year for regular force infantry. Is there a camp in the fall and would i make it in time if i hand in my registration now. Or do i have to wait an entire year until next summer which would suck unbelievably.
Thanks guys
James

From what i was Told, they start a new course Basic Training COurse Almost weekly, Minus a few weeks a year. I remeber when i was in basic Before, we had new plattons starting just about every week.

As for you making it in by fall, that depends on alot of things. Your Trade, how fast your CFRC processes you, Whether you are healthy and have no Major Problems,..... Etc.

Its Possible, somepeople get in really quick, some people take awhile.

I would recommend that you do a search of these forums, as such questions have been asked and answered quite a few times already.

Not to discourage you, but I would also recommend that you search the threads for waiting time info. It can take months, and in some cases over a year to be accepted into the regular force.

My thoughts were along the same lines when I first looked into it. I thought there would be a prescribed waiting time that it generally takes, that I‘d pretty much sign up and head out shortly after processing, and that it would generally be a short time frame. The time it takes cannot be predicted with any certainty, as you‘ll learn if you search these forums.

Apply as soon as you can though, don‘t put it off. I did, and missed selection boards last November, and had to wait until the ones that are currently going. Even if this doesn‘t happen in your case, other factors can come into play.

Also.. you do not have a "basic training for infantry".

Your basic course will have all types of recruits on it, from all three elements... althought some courses have a higher proportion of trades than others, given some trades have higher overall intakes.

if you go to the basic training website, http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/, it will show u that there is alot of groups per month. So I bet it is like what *CDN*blackhawk said.

Back