• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

balistic eyewear

Status
Not open for further replies.

lone bugler

Inactive
Reaction score
hi sorry if im asking a bad question but i did do a search on this forum and found nothing

i just joined up and got my kit issued

my eyesight is really bad so where would I get a prescription eyepiece for my eye wear, I can't possibly shoot a target that i can't see right?

Are you regular force or reserve?  If you are regular force go to MIR and they will set you up with an eye exam and issue you glasses and inserts for your BEW (Ballistic Eye Wear).

If you are reserve, I will let someone more informed on the reserves answer that one.

I'm in the Communication Reserves and I'm headed to do my BMQ in Shilo at the end of the month.

I need glasses, so when I was issued my stuff, I asked about the prescription lenses. I was told to have my prescription (done by my optometrist) when I'll leave for Shilo, and that they will make them for me there. In fact, I'm coming back from my optometrist with a copy of my prescription.

I'm confident that they will tell you what to do to have your prescription lenses, so you'll have them in due time.

No one is going to take care of you in the reserves. Get your prescription from your doctor, take it to your ASU, and they will order them. You will not get them issued on course because the reserve schools (ARC) don't have the resources to do so.

Shouldn't be a problem the BHOSP here has all the assetts whether outsourced or in house that any other base in Canada has,  they should be able to get you the inserts without a problem.

I was told by my SQ that if you're entitled to BEW, you're entitled to prescription inserts. Gas mask inserts may be a different story though, I toughed out not being able to see well in gas huts until I was on a deployment contract, and they set me up with a pair.

Wear them a bunch around your house to get used to the BEW inserts, or you'll be tripping all over stuff on patrol. Its like being in a fishbowl.

sorry im in reserves, forgot to mention that, so I should be getting them at camp? im on standby right now so I guess it could be a while :-\

I asked tonight the MCpl who is responsible of recruiting at my unit about the BEW inserts. He told me that I'll get them only if I need to; if I am assigned to a weapon that require the use of BEW(C6 and C9) during SQ. Otherwise, I'll get insert when I'll deploy on a mission.

Kyu said:
I asked tonight the MCpl who is responsible of recruiting at my unit about the BEW inserts. He told me that I'll get them only if I need to; if I am assigned to a weapon that require the use of BEW(C6 and C9) during SQ. Otherwise, I'll get insert when I'll deploy on a mission.
That makes no sense as current policy is wear BEW while firing all weapons.  Also why would MG's require BEW and other weapons don't.

I am not questioning you Kyu, I am more questioning the pers that told you the info.

The insert for BEW and Reservists has been covered. It's policy. Get a script from your optometrist and turn it into your unit. They'll get the inserts made up. If you wear eyeglasses, you're entitled. End of story. The policy has been posted here before. Do a search.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back