• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Automatic Notices

Could it be, that whatever is causing this, is still resetting the boxes to a default. I am thinking in terms of something in EG: Backup mode, or Disk Mirror mode that resets this setting each time it is used.

I changed my settings about 1pm today, but I see that within 2 hours I started receiving the notifications again.

I just changed the drop down menu to notify me of "nothing at all". We'll see what happens

GAP said:
I just changed the drop down menu to notify me of "nothing at all". We'll see what happens

I did the same, as all the other boxes were still 'unchecked'. 

Crossing my fingers.

I am getting them as well but I will heed advice given and hope for the best.

It's been 24 hours and no notifications except for PM's. The dropdown menu option seems to work

big bad john said:
Took the advice and I am still getting the notices on one topic.

The board is alive... and taking prisoners...

I wonder what BBJ did to upset the site?

I hadn't changed any settings at all,  but I've started to receive tons of e-mail messages.  It seems to have stopped just as inexplicably

Under additional options, "Notify me of replies" seems to now be checked off for me, and seemingly others. Just uncheck it before you post and bam!, no notification.

big bad john said:
Took the advice and I am still getting the notices on one topic.

Which topic? You're still set to receive notifications for several topics. You can see/change these on the notifications screen of your profile.

After you uncheck the nofity me of new reples in your profile, you need to delete the threads that are listed below that, as they will still notify you. Then all should be well.

Done,  lets see if this works.  It is funny that it started e-mailing me,  I did nothing different  :warstory:

I wish I had a good explanation for this, unfortunately I'm not sure what happened. Something changed to affect a lot of people (but not everyone). It's definitely a glitch in the system and not something any user has done.

I did have the same problem, upon investigation, I too found my "notification" box had a check mark. Which I never enabled.

Removed check marks, hope this repairs the problem.

Back