• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aussie Prime Minister calls for Republic when the Queen dies

karl28 said:
Rogo
              I here your thoughts but I still have to disagree with them . I still think we could get rid of the monarchy ties and that would also to get rid of the Governor General position also we than could change our ships from HMCS to something like the Canadian Service Ship witch sounds  allot more Canadian  .  It just gives us more of our  own approach to things instead of the same old thing handed to us a long time ago .

A lot more Canadian would be keeping our ties with the Monarchy.  If you take a look at how this country was founded, dropping it would be very much American.

cn said:
A lot more Canadian would be keeping our ties with the Monarchy.  If you take a look at how this country was founded, dropping it would be very much American.

And as much as younger people (which being in university surrounded by hippies I feel I can represent their feelings) don't like to be repressed by "the man" or in this case I guess "the woman" there is an even stronger sentiment of separation and dislike of the United States.

Rogo said:
And as much as younger people (which being in university surrounded by hippies I feel I can represent their feelings) don't like to be repressed by "the man" or in this case I guess "the woman" there is an even stronger sentiment of separation and dislike of the United States.

Precisely, how do you feel you're being repressed?

While the current Queen has served long and honourably, I have little time for her adulterous heir and successor. A vote to end our association with a foreign monarch, though he/she would remain head of the Commonwealth of which we are a part. I certainly do not want Charles III's picture on my money and stamps.

I don't feel repressed but I am in a policy program which focusses very heavily on studying interactions between gvts and their respective peoples.  I'd venture a guess that 7 times out of 10 in the discussion groups fellow students make it obvious how far left and "we ought to all love earth/down with oppressive gvt" they feel.

How they feel oppressed?  Oh I don't know but I can guess I will be getting an earful about Toronto's G summits this year at school.

Back