• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arrested By Civilian Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bloody true Mike! My interests have shifted to edged equipment, from bayonets to Japanese Shin-gun-to WW2 and Pre WW2 swords.

Sooner or later, they'll wanna ban them too.

Cheers,

Wes

Quote,
A civilian Criminal Record? How would they define a $300.00 conduct contrary for insubordination on a civie report?

There is a thread on this somewhere, but take it from one who knows :warstory:, it comes up as a charge under the NDA and the 5 years before a pardon will be given is correct.
Which is absolutely ridiculous....

As a member of the CF you are required to report any arrest by civilian police to your superior.  The civilian police may or may not inform the MP's, but if they do your boss will will at least know your story

QR&O 19.56 â “ REPORT OF ARREST BY CIVIL AUTHORITY

Where an officer or non-commissioned member has been arrested by a civil authority, the member shall cause the arrest to be reported to the member's commanding officer.

DAOD 7006-1 states:

An entry shall be removed from a member's conduct sheet when:

a pardon of the offence to which the entry relates is granted under the Criminal Records Act (see DAOD 7016-0);

a review or appeal quashes a finding of guilty; or

the CDS determines that the entry resulting from a conviction by a foreign court or tribunal is no longer required. A member's application for such a determination must be supported by the member's CO. Normally, this will not be considered before completion of a period of 72 months during which the member has:

been of good conduct; and

not been convicted of an offence other than one for which a pardon has been granted.

An entry relating to a conviction which has resulted in a fine of $200 or less, or a minor punishment, for example, seven days confinement to barracks, shall be removed from a member's conduct sheet:

upon completion of the later of:

six months service from the date of enrolment or re-enrolment; or

the member's initial military occupation training;

upon completion of any period of 12 months during which no conviction has been entered;

upon promotion to sergeant or when an officer cadet or a non-commissioned member attains commissioned rank; or

prior to release from the CF of a member, who is to be released without having completed initial military occupation training.

Wesley H. Allen said:
Gulity until proved innocent, and to this day, after all these years has left my trust for the police very low, and the incompetance of the Regina Police still is a thorn in my side after all these years too. So, gun owners who are CF members, and collectors of firearms (military), watch your step, and learn something from this.

Personally for me, it was the beginning of the end to my happy days of collecting. This event had taken away my interest and   the love of collecting, and always kept me on guard and vigilent for many years to come.

Unbelievable Wes - talk about shoddy, shoot-from-the-hip investigating by the Police.  All they had to do was knock on your door and ask nicely to see if your collection was order; it could have been confirmed easily if you were some anti-social threat that required a tactical takedown.

Wes, had a similar thing happen to me.

At least you got yours back.

The one thing I got burned with was an expired can of keychain Mace.

I had picked up in NewYork when I was a kid and forgot I had it.

Dumb Dumb Dumb...(me) :brickwall:

Thanks guys for the input. Big T's original question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back