• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Cadet Ranks and Cadet Corps Etablishment

Jonny Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
hey i just thought you people would want to see the newest and most updated standards. they were updated in March 05. this will really change the way my corp is.

Annex A, Rank Vacancies By Corps  http://www.cadets.ca/_docs/cato-oaic/4003A_b.pdf

Annex B, Promotion Prerequistes And Cadet Corps Appointments      http://www.cadets.ca/_docs/cato-oaic/4003B_e.pdf

Pretty sure they were already brough up on some distant planet... err... thread  :P

briefly discussed, no detail though. this is supposed to be detailed and informative, not just little point forms spread all over the cadet/cic forum.

In that case, I like 'em! The time requirements between WO, MWO, and CWO are debatable, and unlimited Sergeants is sort of questionable, but it's good to get some new, nationwide standards!

well with unlimited sgts we might be able to get real sgts as section cmdrs instead of using mbdrs are sec cmdrs

Sgt Saorse said:
The time requirements between WO, MWO, and CWO are debatable
Its worked fine for air cadets for as long as I can remember, it also forces people to spend time at each rank and actually learn what they need to know instead of "Oh we need more people at X rank, hes next in line....."

Sgt Saorse said:

not really. lets say you get right after NSCE, that would be about February right? than in in september you could be promoted to MWO for lets say your SSM, CSM,DSM year. than for your last year you can get CWO. and if the year you get MWO is the year you get RSM than you can still get CWO in march. it isn't always good flying through the ranks. you learn more by spending time being each rank.

Sgt Saorse said:
They can give an acting rank of one above their substantive rank ... so if a cadet hasn't been a WO for 6 months they can be made an Acting MWO until the 6 month period is over (however time as an Acting MWO will not count towards the 6 months required to be promoted to CWO).

-Hutch- said:
not really. lets say you get right after NSCE, that would be about February right? than in in september you could be promoted to MWO for lets say your SSM, CSM,DSM year. than for your last year you can get CWO. and if the year you get MWO is the year you get RSM than you can still get CWO in march. it isn't always good flying through the ranks. you learn more by spending time being each rank.

whats an SSM?

Never heard of an SSM. :)

I just see that with the rank prequisites, our current CWO would be a MWO, our MWO the CWO instead, and our WO would still be a Sergeant, which just in my opinion, would alter our Corps structure for the worse. Others obviously see it differently, but I can see it holding back how our Corps is usually structured. Then again, we do come from a small Corps, and the responsibilites of our higher-uppers aren't nearly as dear as those in other Corps, so it may not have as big an impact on us as on some.

All in all, it's no big deal: I'm just being picky. :)

Arguably in Western Canada because of the affiliation's of most Cadet Corps the term SSM should be more common than CSM. Just as an aside...

I assume there are a lot of armoured regiments out West?

he means there is a lack of

most of the corps in Pac Reg are infantry affiliated (PPCLI, R M Rang, C Scot R, Seaforth...to name a few)

i believe the only other affiliated units that dont use CSM would be BCR, Engineers, and Artillery...

Back