• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are Armed Forces demonstration teams relevent?

I know that this is about two months old but I just joined so...

As a member of the LdSH mounted troop I can say that our horses are considered half broke by the Household Cavarly from England. We do train our horses and many  a rider has ended up with busted bones or sprained joints. I do know that we have had a positive reaction in every town we visit. This year it was something like 130 different communities. We do all this with a budget of about $120,000. That includes feeding the horses, medical for the horses, and transportation to events. So maybe demo teams should get more money not less?

I am a supporter of demo teams as long as they are a part of our heritage and tradition. The LDSH riding troop, Gun run, etc. But don't feed me any crap about recruiting.... we can get all the recruits we want if we go back to accepting all qualified white english speaking males. Some demo teams are just a waste of money but not all. The CF mil sport games is a huge waste.

3rd Horseman said:
I am a supporter of demo teams as long as they are a part of our heritage and tradition. The LDSH riding troop, Gun run, etc. But don't feed me any crap about recruiting.... we can get all the recruits we want if we go back to accepting all qualified white english speaking males. Some demo teams are just a waste of money but not all. The CF mil sport games is a huge waste.

I think you left your cross burning after your post....::)

3rd Horseman said:
wow, no wonder you were Rambo, you're part of the Master Race!

Ok OK I will run out on the lawn with a pail of water and put the fire out.

Let me rephrase....if we stopped the quotas and recruited all the qualified people that came to the recruit centre we would have plenty of recruits.

Back