• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

CFAT scores are based on a percentile, and are not always revealed to the candidate/applicant. Usually recruiters will tell you you either passed for all trades, you passed for the trade(s) you are interested in, or you did not score high enough for your trade(s).

You should always aim for the highest possible score for you, rather than just enough. It makes you a more competitive candidate.

Recruiting Centre: Regina
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infanteer
Trade Choice 2: NA
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application: April 5th 2024
First Contact: April 8th 2024
CFAT: NA I was eligible for the CFAT bypass
Medical & Interview: June 4th 2024
Medical Confirmed: June 20th 2024
Selected: July 11th 2024
Offered: July 11th 2024
Enrollment: Aug 14th 2024
BMQ: Sept 2nd 2024

One of the most time efficient processed applications I've seen so far! Congrats!

How on earth….. I did my med and interview in may and the Regina detachment has done nothing but give me the run around on both med and background for 3 months. Congrats though man, that’s crazy!

How on earth….. I did my med and interview in may and the Regina detachment has done nothing but give me the run around on both med and background for 3 months. Congrats though man, that’s crazy!
Did you have any issues with your medical or foreign implications?

I must have gotten lucky since everything on my file from medical to work history is pretty boring.

How quickly have people been getting their offers after being selected? I thought it was usually a day or two but my file has been on selected for 8 days now (7 minus the holiday on Monday).

Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade Choice #1: Signals officer
Trade Choice #2: Air combat systems officer Naval warfare officer (changed after first visit)
Trade Choice #3: Naval combat systems engineering officer
Applied: 16 Oct 2023
First Visit to Detachment: 9 Jan 2024 (Was not near a detachment when I applied.)
CFAT: 6 Feb 2024 (passed)
MOST: 11 Mar 2024 (passed)
Interview: 25 Apr 2024
Medical Part 1: 25 Apr 2024 (No staff available for part 2)
Medical Part 2: 4 July 2024
-----
Final Processing:
Competition List:
Selected:
Offer Tendered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:

Thanks to everyone who has shared their journey. Thought I'd share mine as well.
I was told the average process was taking 3-6 months when I initially applied.
I always took the earliest available appointment offered.

Update- AVN, NCM RegF
  • Applied - April 29th
  • Med part 1 & 2/ Interview competed - May 9th
  • Optometrist letter requested - May 15th
  • Optometrist letter scanned in to RMO - May 24th
  • CFAT/TSD written - May 27, all trades qualified
  • Background check started - May 28
  • Final processing - June 11th
  • Credit check ran - June 18th
  • Background check completed - July 25th
  • Medical approved by RMO - August 19th
  • Ready for completion list - not completed
  • Completion listed - not completed
  • Selected - not completed
  • BMQ scheduled for - not completed

Hi Everyone,

I need advise on my timeline and when can I expect my medicals.

Recruiting Center: HMCS Discovery (Vancouver)
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Reserves
Trade Choice #1: HRA
Trade Choice #2:
Trade Choice #3:
Applied: Jul 2024
First Contact: November 2023
Forces & CFAT: 1st Aug 2024 (Qualified for HRA trade)
Interview: Pending
Medical: Pending
Medical Documents: Pending
Background check: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Swearing In: Pending
BMQ: Pending

I am Canadian Citizen with lots of travel history. Parents still lives in India. Is that a concern ?

Hi Everyone,

I need advise on my timeline and when can I expect my medicals.

Recruiting Center: HMCS Discovery (Vancouver)
Regular Force/Primary Reserve: Reserves
Trade Choice #1: HRA
Trade Choice #2:
Trade Choice #3:
Applied: Jul 2024
First Contact: November 2023
Forces & CFAT: 1st Aug 2024 (Qualified for HRA trade)
Interview: Pending
Medical: Pending
Medical Documents: Pending
Background check: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Swearing In: Pending
BMQ: Pending

I am Canadian Citizen with lots of travel history. Parents still lives in India. Is that a concern ?
no one but your recruiters will be able to tell you when your medical will be scheduled or if you need additional security screening. By what you’ve said here, there’s a good chance you might need it and in that case your medical likely be scheduled until that’s completed. The average rn is 18-36 months in that situation. But once again, you’d have to ask your recruiter

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is a certain recruitment period for each year. I vaguely heard from other threads that offers go out at the start of the year (Jan, Feb) and finish at the end of summer. Do offers just stop going out until next year if you did not receive one by now?

Also, I am curious how often BMOQ is conducted for combat trades... do they also run them in the winter?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is a certain recruitment period for each year. I vaguely heard from other threads that offers go out at the start of the year (Jan, Feb) and finish at the end of summer. Do offers just stop going out until next year if you did not receive one by now?

Also, I am curious how often BMOQ is conducted for combat trades... do they also run them in the winter?

Thanks in advance!
They give out offers year round, BMOQs aren’t trade specific, the last BMOQ for this year is starting in November. If you haven’t gotten an offer yet you’re probably not going till February or later.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

• Applied - April, 2024
  • CFAT/TSD written - 16 November, 2023 (originally applied as Reserves in 2023 and transferred file to Full-Time in April 2024) --> all trades qualified
  • Interview - April 30th, 2024
  • CEMS (medical) qualified - July 22nd, 2024
  • Final processing - August 8th
  • Ready for Competition list - n/a
  • Competition listed - n/a
  • Selected - n/a
  • Offer - n/a

I was wondering if there is a certain recruitment period for each year. Do offers go out all year round?

Thanks in advance!

They give out offers year round, BMOQs aren’t trade specific, the last BMOQ for this year is starting in November. If you haven’t gotten an offer yet you’re probably not going till January or later.
Thank you for the info!

Do you know why some of these are 1 month long and others are 2.5 months, if they aren't trade specific?
There is a shortened BMOQ for medical officers and padres and those hypes. Padres are not supposed to handle weapons so they don’t get as in depth training during BMOQ. Doctors are also too expensive to send to the range or to let run loose with weapons; they get protected in the R1 or the R2 so they focus on the 9mm once they get to their units and really only get a famil on C7.

So other than these specialized trades, everyone else does BMOQ together and a s a mix of combat and non-combat trades. Any further combat related training will happen during DP1 or BMOQ A or whatever else combat arms courses are called.

Back