• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone hear any dates yet for Summer BMQ/SQ at Meaford? (Artillery Reserves)

Well i am new on these boards and to the whole recruitment stuff, i have just started talking to a recruiter but he told me that i would be most likely taking basic training in meaford and it will probably around around july 1st, he thought July 3nd to be exact. Thats just what he said.

BMQ for all land trades at meaford is at the same time.

Starts on July 4 (Monday)
Ends on July 29 (Friday)
Weekend off
SQ starts on Aug 1 (Monday)
SQ ends on Aug ** (can't remember)

Well actually July 27th is a Wednesday and there is no way that BMQ is only 4-5 weeks long, further more BMQ/SQ is 10 weeks long to my knowledge so your dates posted would not be correct...Where did you get this information???

sorry, I meant the 29th, my calendar switched back to may

and the BMQ is 10 weeks..... for the regs, not the reserves.

I got this information from the recruiter at 23 SVC BN in hamilton, WO Lavoie, and he read it to me from the schedule that he was given, so if you have issue with that, tough.

ToRN said:
BMQ for all land trades at meaford is at the same time.

Starts on July 4 (Monday)
Ends on July 29 (Friday)
Weekend off
SQ starts on Aug 1 (Monday)
SQ ends on Aug ** (can't remember)

Pretty close, but no cigar.  BMQ 4 July 05- 23 July, SQ 25 July-16 Aug, SG 05 17 Aug-27.

Sorry troops, N Weekends off.  You're working Saturdays.

Love793 said:
Pretty close, but no cigar.   BMQ 4 July 05- 23 July, SQ 25 July-16 Aug, SG 05 17 Aug-27.

Sorry troops, N Weekends off.   You're working Saturdays.

Where did you get your information?

thanks Love, for the correction, I knew it was in there somewhere, but I thought the BMQ was till the 29th, ah well.

Hmmm...I read on the forces.gc.ca that BMQ for Reserves was 04JULY - 28AUG

Am i wrong?  I know for sure it said RESERVE and not REG.

tannerthehammer said:
Do you have a link for that?
It's on the LFCATC DIN site, so unless you have a DWAN Account, you're going to get it through the chain.

Hopkins said:
Hmmm...I read on the forces.gc.ca that BMQ for Reserves was 04JULY - 28AUG

Am i wrong?   I know for sure it said RESERVE and not REG.

That isn't just BMQ, it includes SQ and the 8 day long ex in Petawawa that everyone taking a summer course will be going on.  If you look at how long the weekend BMQ is, it works out to pretty much the same amount of time.....10 course weekends, 20 full day & 10 evenings (the Friday evening). Then SQ immediately after BMQ.

Have fun!  :cdn:

I just joined this past Thursday, May 12th/05. BMQ Starts July 5th till Aug. 28th but we're paid till Sept. 3rd in meaford.

Harmony said:
I just joined this past Thursday, May 12th/05. BMQ Starts July 5th till Aug. 28th but we're paid till Sept. 3rd in meaford.

Welcome to the Army.

Trust me on this young grasshopper, as of 17 0800 Aug 05, you will not be in Meaford but on your way to CFB Petawawa.  BMQ is 20 trg days long, followed by a 20 trg day SQ crse, followed by Ex Stalwart Guardian 05.

What part of Canada you in?  I'm in Victoria BC and I'm going to Shilo for BMQ and SQ

Your course starts on the 4th

But you will be in Meaford doing in clearance on the 3rd

and the ARC training calender is not posted online its on the DIN

CFN. Orange said:
Your course starts on the 4th

But you will be in Meaford doing in clearance on the 3rd

and the ARC training calender is not posted online its on the DIN

What is DIN?

Back