• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone else have an obsession with future postings?

dogger1936 said:
You also said IIRC.

And posted the link.  Table 5.11.11 on page 44.  Look it up.  Depending on the type of posting, it may be less than five days.

You can disregard the IIRC.  That was more of a CYMA comment.  ;)

It sure helps when you have special circumstances such as a special needs child or a spouse who doesn't/cant drive etc.  I can't imagine trying to find a place to live without feedback from other members who know the area.  My wife has expressed concern about feeling isolated when we move to Petawawa if we aren't living walking distance to a bunch of amenities.  Now we know where we're getting posted I'm starting to want to know more as well.

The site may be a good idea, does anyone know if there already is such a site out there?

And, by the way, the CFHA does not list how much Q's go for in Pet.  Strange considering all the other bases I checked list the price (varies per model) and a bunch of other info like what houses are available.  Pet right now has zero PMQ's available if you go by the CFHA site.

justmyalias said:
Is it fair to say that the internet has made this posting lifestyle a heckuvvalot easier than it used to be to go into a new place cold turkey?

What other hardships do people find they are still facing (even with so much information available online) with new postings?

btw, Bravo for taking such an interest in doing all this background checking.

If any of you spouses are website guru's (or have an interest) I would strongly encourage you to seriously consider consolidating information from similarly inclined people and putting together a website for military folk as a reference site.  You could make it a similar 'forum' style place.  You could even build it up to address various other things that affect all.

I'm like that!  ;D

Our big move is coming in 3 1/2 weeks or more?  His date is set to be posted but I have NO idea other than where we're going and I can only imagine what's happening to get us there.  I'm stressed about it to the hilt and worrying a lot about it.  I have 3 small children and I find it difficult to know that it's so close and know absolutely nothing about it. 

Of course I know where everything is and prices of stuff. :D  I think it's normal for some people to want to know as much as possible.  I've also got the locations for all the important things like hospitals and doctors. 

Jr2010 where do you get most of your information from?  Are you buying or moving into a PMQ?

A nice site I've found to help military wives connect about many things, including posting locations and housing, is themilitarywife.ca

It's not extremely active, but the ladies who post there are very nice and have lots of good information

There is also http://canadianmilitarygirlfriends.socialgo.com/ which is my favorite site... and http://canadianmilitaryspouse.ning.com/ which i also go on alot..

Back