• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another vision question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info about what which vision grades are needed for AES OP and ACSO?  I've looked in a few places, but so far no luck (yes, I did search first...).  I know it varies a lot, but what grade would -3.0 vision be?

Thanks!

Random Question...

Does anyone know how to convert vision ratings? As my prescription is in -1.29, etc. format while all the V1, V2,... classification that I've read was written in 6/6, 6/9, etc. format.

:army:

OkanaganHeat said:
There are a few things that you do have to look up on the following page. First, appendix E and then your specific trades for the standard that is required and then you can go to appendix A for what the standards are for visual acuity.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/default-eng.asp

Hope this helps.
Wow, now I feel really stupid...  I had looked all over that page and didn't find anything.  :P I even had it bookmarked!  Thanks!

Panzerschütze said:
Random Question...

Does anyone know how to convert vision ratings? As my prescription is in -1.29, etc. format while all the V1, V2,... classification that I've read was written in 6/6, 6/9, etc. format.

I'd like to know that as well. ;)

I was looking online and it says pilots only need V2.  Is this true?  I think I'm V3 or V4 so it doesn't matter for me, but it might make a difference for someone else.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Panzerschütze said:
Random Question...

Find out what your actual visual acuity is - when your eyes get examined, ask them to write out what your corrected and uncorrected vision is (in fact, it's required if you're getting a medical done).

An eye tech or ophthalmologist would be able to guess, I won't - I look at the visual acuity, as that's what the initial V rating is - then I look at the Rx to determine V4 vs V5.

Edit to add - there is a thread where this is said numerous times.

MM

OK.  We are going in circles here, asking questions that have already been answered.  Use some initiative and look into the topics that cover these questions and answers in detail.

TOPIC LOCKED !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back