• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ankle Boots

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
Mud Recce Man said:
They were the last time I ordered.

My only complaint?

The sizing for them.  I don't know how many yankin-spankin mm's my foot is!  Wtf is that?

9 1/2 E please!

;)

Try using the same sizing as your Gortex Boots, worked for me.  ;D

Bah.  Humbug.

I just kept on shining my old ones...they say Cpl XXXXXX one the tongues, so could be useful in the near future... :)

Although I have to take the clickers off them   >:(

Correct,

The new Logistik sizing for ankle boots runs the same as the boot w/w. If you've been issued the w/w boot, the last four numbers of the stock number on the label (ie 0021) is the size that you require in the ankle boot as well. Every clothing stores has these foot sizers.

Now....if you are at RMC....you probably won't have the w/w boots yet so you get to go to clothing to be measured to find out what size you need, and if that is the case, they are going to order the boots on your behalf anyway.

ArmyVern

Tks.  I turned in my CWW clunkers for my Bates (orthodics) but they should have my size on file/clothing doc's.

I ordered the measuring kit from the website, and wasn't sure how to measure my feet right, and didn't want to blow 90 points for the boots.

Merci!

MRM

Mud Recce Man said:
ArmyVern

Tks.  I turned in my CWW clunkers for my Bates (orthodics) but they should have my size on file/clothing doc's.

I ordered the measuring kit from the website, and wasn't sure how to measure my feet right, and didn't want to blow 90 points for the boots.

Merci!

MRM

Just give clothing stores a phone call and ask them to pull up your doc history for the WW boots...they will show up on it so tell them you need the last 4 of the Stock number you were issued. That should do it for you.

Mud Recce Man said:
... and didn't want to blow 90 points for the boots.

Don't forget, they have a really good return system too, if something is the wrong size.  I had to use it for a pair of pants once.  You don't lose your points.

navymich said:
Don't forget, they have a really good return system too, if something is the wrong size.  I had to use it for a pair of pants once.  You don't lose your points.

Yeah...those new girls pants are something aren't they? Fred knows all about them too!!

Siggy,

Come on and give him some credit eh? He was party to my long rant about them when I got mine.  8)

Armyvern said:
Yeah...those new girls pants are something aren't they? Fred knows all about them too!!

So THAT's why they don't fit! That explains it all! Thanks, airred-haired log lady!

Anyone wanna Trade me some of the old style boots for these new ones...
they sound like mushed potatoes on the drill square with the vibram soles...

or Possibly, does anyone have a line on the Guards ankle boots, with the clackers on them, i do so much love the sound, and so does my SSM

Dixon
Take you boots to the shoemaker and have a second sole added.
once you have that done, you can look into obtaining the hardware.
The ankle boots I have are some 35 yrs old and have full horseshoes......
you have to go down stairs very carefuly

geo said:
Dixon
Take you boots to the shoemaker and have a second sole added.
once you have that done, you can look into obtaining the hardware.
The ankle boots I have are some 35 yrs old and have full horseshoes......
you have to go down stairs very carefuly

Thanks geo, I will search out a cobbler in Edmonton ASAP

There's a place by the Ros on 97th St and 137th Ave you can try.  I know a few guys that bring their boots in for polishing.  I had a bad experience with their resoled boots -- they did my Danners for me.  The right sole wasn't glued in too well.  Boot's still workable, but now I'll pick up the odd boulder sized pebble in my instep.

The new ankle boots are TONS comfortable feeling (I only had my hands in them) and they polish lickety-split.  I am ordering a pair of the suckers today.

For those who haven't seen them yet.  Vigram sole.  Arch support.  They almost look double-souled out of the box...just add clickers and presto, 2 hours or so of polishing and you are on your way...

Just got my new ankle boots today after sending the first pair back (great return service btw) becuase they were large enough to fit a Paul Bunyan. They're more confortable and make me look taller ;D. I'm going to start polishing them tonight, hopefully they won't be as difficult to shine as others have mentioned.

SoF said:
I'm going to start polishing them tonight, hopefully they won't be as difficult to shine as others have mentioned.

:rofl:

Have fun!

SoF said:
Just got my new ankle boots today after sending the first pair back (great return service btw) becuase they were large enough to fit a Paul Bunyan. They're more confortable and make me look taller ;D. I'm going to start polishing them tonight, hopefully they won't be as difficult to shine as others have mentioned.

I found them easy to polish...but then again, I can't stand by a microwave for long without forgetting my name, pi$$ing my pants and falling down.

Maybe I am NOT the best example...

Good base coats (brush polishing)...and then the time tested tradition of spit polishing.  Dip, spread, swirl.  Dip, spread swirl.

Can you tell I haven't had alot of sleep or do I always sound this stupid?

Mud Recce Man said:
I found them easy to polish...but then again, I can't stand by a microwave for long without forgetting my name, pi$$ing my pants and falling down.

Maybe I am NOT the best example...

Good base coats (brush polishing)...and then the time tested tradition of spit polishing.  Dip, spread, swirl.  Dip, spread swirl.

Can you tell I haven't had alot of sleep or do I always sound this stupid?

No you usually sound this way ;D lol

Back