• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aftermarket Kit

Wow, must've missed this thread a while back.  I stumbled upon it doing a google search for "cadpat CIRAS" as I noticed on the eagle industries page for the CIRAS it says "Color: Olive Drab and Khaki are standard. Other colors available upon special request for an additional charge."  Which made me wonder if I could hit Mark Wheeler up for some Cadpat and send it their way?

Tim Chi, in ref. to you asking about the BLU kit.  I have been wearing mine for most of the year, in Gagetown at the Armour School and around base and now with me in Valcartier.  Nobody has given me grief about it.. yet.  And I have the strap kit installed on it too.  It usually takes people a couple of looks before they notice something different about it.  I fear the day someone tries to make me seperate with my lovely, oh so comfy helmet.

Bzz

From my experience on Op Archer Roto 0 in Kandahar, the troops were not overly encouraged to purchase the gucci chest rigs etc unless it supplemented the exisitng tac vest. ie M203 grenade pouches. Pistol holsters, mag pouches and add ons were encouraged if it made the individuals job easier and were strapped, taped and sometime sewn to the current tac vest. ( the Bianci holster sucks). Using non- issue ballistic plates in Theatre is a big no no. Alot of time and effort has gone into procurring the most suitable for our needs, and if something sub standard was used, the consequences could be dire. BUT, if the current plates are sub standard, and current events should dictate this, then the UCR process must be engaged.

That just sounded like a conversation I had with an RSM who though the Chest Rigs would go over the TV!!

By "gucci" do you mean "will hold more than 4 mags" or "ability to carry 40mm"  or "will hold 2 C9 drums and water" ?

Kit003.jpg

;D

This is the kit I wore TF 106
Hellcat Mk 2 chest rig (internal 6 mag capacity) from Kev B
Tactical Tailor Med pouch
Tiger Tactical 5 Banger Pouch (holds M203,Bangers or Pistols mags)
BlackHawk 2 Grenade Pouch
Tactical Tailor 3 Mag shingle
Spec Ops Untility pouch
Maxpedition RollyPolly Medium Size Dump Pouch (rolled when not in use)
Camelbak Motherlode BackPack (not pictured)

JaysSFW.jpg

Diemaco C8FTHB
KAC RASII
Aimpoint CompM2 w/ GG&G low mount
M203A1
Wilderness Single Point Sling
Diemaco plastic BIS (personal one would not fit due to Diemaco's non M1913 rail dimension on CF flattops)

Farmboy said:
That just sounded like a conversation I had with an RSM who though the Chest Rigs would go over the TV!!

By "gucci" do you mean "will hold more than 4 mags" or "ability to carry 40mm"  or "will hold 2 C9 drums and water" ?

Exactly, the practical operational stuff the garri-Troopers don't let us use when we train domestically.

(but also the cheap ass stuff the Russian chix sell at the Black Ops shop in KAF, that all the REMFs buy to look cool)

Back