• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Academic Requirements

Megan257

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I don't even have a GED, or diploma of any kind, and I really want to join. I have my grade 12 English, but that's it. I'm so desperate to join.

Grade 12 English is a start, different trades have different academic requirements ie: certain high school courses and/or a high school diploma, check the CF recruiting website. What trade are you desperate to join?

While you might be able to apply for some trades with your current education, I am going to suggest you won't be very competitive against other applicants.  I'd seriously consider getting a GED as a minimum, for more reasons than just a CF application.

Get Nautical said:
Grade 12 English is a start, different trades have different academic requirements ie: certain high school courses and/or a high school diploma, check the CF recruiting website. What trade are you desperate to join?

I'm desperate to join Infantry which I know is chalk full up. I'm  in the process of getting a GED, but I know I need more education than that. I'll have to specialize in some trade that the army is in need of.

Megan257 said:
I'm desperate to join Infantry which I know is chalk full up. I'm  in the process of getting a GED, but I know I need more education than that. I'll have to specialize in some trade that the army is in need of.

'In need' trades doesn't mean you become competitive without basic education. You can apply and 'who knows' but I'd focus on that GED as you will need it no matter where you end up.

You should also take your chances and apply to the reserves since a lot of reservists are accepted while they're still in high school and don't have GEDs (at least that used to be the case?) but don't expect much.

Megan257 said:
I was just wondering because I don't even have a GED, or diploma of any kind, and I really want to join. I have my grade 12 English, but that's it. I'm so desperate to join.

Your best bet is to apply and see just what happens....it doesn't hurt to apply and at least you will get some feedback on how to improve your application.

Back