• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HistoryFreak

Inactive
Reaction score
Im only 15, but when I'm 16 and have graduated from grade 10 I'm thinking of joining the reserves, specifically the Cameron Highlanders. Any way i have just a few quick questions;

1. My mother works for DND and said reservists can apply for a fullt ime job during the summer at a DND building, is that true and what kind of jobs?
2. ( I know this should be on the Physical Fitness section but i figured I'll just post all my questions at once) I know for a fact i can do the sit up and push up's no problem, looking at the requirements. I don't know about the hand grips, but they sound fairly simple. my only problem is the cardiovascular fitness. Right now I'm on the rugby team at  school, and will still be on it next year, I have phys. Ed. every day this semester, and next year aswell ( we do alot of running). So i was wondering if these together as well as running on my own time during the summer will be enough to get in shape for the pre-enrolment test?
3. Also, what jobs in the CF can you get that involves the study of military history? As my name suggests, my passion is history, specifically military history.
4. Is there a minimum amount of time one is required to serve in the reserves? i remember reading the answer on the recruitment page, but the answer has slipped my mind.
5. Lastly, anyone here with the Camerons?

Oh yeah and one more question, is there a preferable time to join I.E Winter? Summer? Just before Basic training, whenever that is?

I have one question for you : did you tried search ?

Recruiting FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

Searches turn up amazing things sometimes.

Army.Ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back