• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

9mm pistol holster

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I am looking for a 9 mm pistol thigh holster to replace the issued Bianchi holster I was issued.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is my current fav:
http://www.caravansend.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/42?osCsid=112ab55e8b28012063ced08e74dcb6ab

I have an Eagle Industries mk V airborne.  On tour I wore it every day, straps down firm to the leg, no rubbing or chafe.  Would buy another in a second.  Personally highly recommended.

http://eagleindustries.com

Thats what I am looking for, but at $77 US, its a little pricey (I know, you get what you pay for). Any Can distributors?

I think I got mine from Wolverine Supplies.   Army buddy was a distributor.   Bought his right off of his leg before the tour!

http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/index.htm

I have the Blackhawk Level 2...Same as the Airborne holster but without the extra little fastex strap for over the handgrip. I carried it every single day in Bosnia........SO worth the money.

TM

Thanks so far, but anything above $70 US is a bit above my price range, and I prefer to find a Cdn distributer.

keep in mind that when purchasing specialty equipment, you get what you pay for. If it's out of your price range, I suggest you budget for it and buy the best one you can for the money. The last thing you want to do is have a crappy holster, and need your pistol......Which is why the Bianchi holsters the CF has been using, are garbage.......By the time you'd get your pistol out, cock it, acquire your target and fire, you'll likely be dead. My .02$

TM

IMHO the Safariland 6004 is THE duty holster.

I replaced a 10year old Uncle Mike's after two weeks in Afghan - the Uncle Mikes was not bad - but did not have the retension I wanted (it was a simple snap fastner)

Buy a purpose built holster for the gun you use - do not buy one of the "one size fits all" systems for whiel they can be adjusted - it will never give you the security a purpose built rig will.

The only Cdn prices I have seen for the Safariland 6004 is STUPID ~ $225  - I got one for free from a buddy in the US and I think you can get them from anwhere between $70 and 90 USD...

That was a question I had for a long time.. 

As I can see, you are allowed to use your own holster for the sidearm?

Why people aren't using it more??  You can see on almost every pic of a US military person, they have a "leg holster" that I guess is their own..?!?!

Any info on that?

Frank

Frank,

When I was overseas the policy was fairly permissive, but during the rotation with the next contingent my holster drew the odd raised eyebrow.  I can't speak for US policy.  "Thigh rig" holsters have the advantage over shoulder rigs in that you can put your body armour and tacvest on and off without messing with your pistol.

I bought an Eagle thigh rig holster from the RCR kit shop overseas for about 70 USD and I was very happy with it, although my wife was underwhelmed with my spending our money on military gear!  I found it more comfortable and it did not flop around as much as the issue one.  It is green so it does not stand out so much as some of the SWAT rigs in black, which is a plus for not drawing attention to using non-issue kit. 

Army Medic,

I was happy with my holster in terms of value for the money but I'm sure that there are better holsters out there than mine and I would tend to defer to Kevin's recommendations.  One extra thing that I bought was a Blackhawk retention lanyard for about 20 USD.  Its a bit like a telephone receiver cord and it can help prevent you from losing your pistol. 

Cheers,

2B

Heres a thought,

Should I wait until in am in Kabul to buy one? As ETT, we have freer hand to travel and possibly will be living in a US camp there.

For cost, I still like the UTG holster I mentioned above. And if it sucks, I can always upgrade (yes/no?).

Here is Blackhawk one, highly recommended as well:

http://www.caravansend.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/41?osCsid=112ab55e8b28012063ced08e74dcb6ab

Back