• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

12.8 billion dollar increase in military budget.

• Thread starter Thread starter cursedhighlander
  • Start date Start date

Any cadets that want to join the reserves/reg force/RMC because of this new increase of funding?

• Total voters
C

cursedhighlander

Hi all I was just watching the news and saw that there were a few changes to the canadian budget. There were increases to things such as healthcare/education but they were around 5 billion dolalrs. The increase in funding for the military was 12.8 billion dollars. The old amount of money spent was 3.5 billion (you do the math). There were 5000 now recruits because of this and I was wondering if there were any cadets that wanted to join the CF because of this increase since I have been having conflicts on whether to join because of the lack of funding. I was hoping for some more opinions to give me an idea whether other people are more swayed to join now that funding has been increased.

yea theres gonna be a pay raise (10% including retro-pay) i heard :)

cursedhighlander said:
...The increase in funding for the military was 12.8 billion dollars. The old amount of money spent was 3.5 billion (you do the math)...
The money's over 5 years though.
cursedhighlander said:
There were 5000 now recruits because of this...
The PM promised a new 5000 strong peacekeeping force. Some of the money is going to be goinng to the recruiting of this force.

Personally, I don't care how much cash the military is getting, like before, I still want to join to serve my country.

i lime the idea of a pay raise. i have always wanted to join the military serve my country and see the world. no amount of money would change that.

condor888000 said:
The money's over 5 years though.The PM promised a new 5000 strong peacekeeping force. Some of the money is going to be goinng to the recruiting of this force.

That idea is now on hold.....looks like there will be no new brigade.

Regards

i also heard that there were going to be 5000 new reg forces and around 3000 new reservists. dont know if it is true but it is what i heard

Franko said:
That idea is now on hold.....looks like there will be no new brigade.

Regards

what do you mean? they are not going to give the military 13 billion dollars ???

but than again that ids no big suprise. the big suprise was hearing the military would be receiving more mony.

no, I believe that the thing that is on hold is the peacekeeping-specific brigade.  Obviously, someone talked some sense into whoever's idea that was.

Quentin

Back