• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Countries aren't supposed to gain territory by war, even by taking it away from an attacker. That's the well-intentioned ideal, anyways. Perceived exigencies of survival will always override ideals.
Pretty much every war has changed borders.
Right or wrong.
Those who wish to pound the drums about occupation and colonization may continue doing so. Of course the establishment of a new state (Israel) with migrants was a colonizing project; of course territories that Israel has taken over in excess of the original partition agreement are occupied. Big deal.
Key is why Israel was formed and why it gained territory after being attacked…

Billy Gardell Drinking GIF by CBS

Many Europeans politically behave like schoolchildren. You'd think they'd be a bit more serious after war had returned to the continent in 2022. Unsurprisingly, those three states are on the Atlantic seaboard, far from trouble.

Ireland is by far the worst, of course. Very similar to Canada in some regards. Like two little chihuahuas yapping incessantly. I hope McGregor wins and restores some seriousness to his nation.

Last edited:
In what way? For many countries I don’t think there’s much Israel can do that would have significant impact on their interests. These nations willl have considered that.
Post 1972 Olympics there was a wave of terrorist deaths. The Israelis don't think the way we do.

But I am sure you know that.

Post 1972 Olympics there was a wave of terrorist deaths. The Israelis don't think the way we do.

But I am sure you know that.
Sure; taking out actual terrorists is one thing. You suggesting they would murder members of foreign governments who recognize a Palestinian state?

Sure; taking out actual terrorists is one thing. You suggesting they would murder members of foreign governments who recognize a Palestinian state?
Not saying that at all. Retribution might be taken in a few ways - electoral interference, a bit of yellow journalism. Things of that nature.

Years ago there was a cartoon in the Ottawa Citizen, it had the PLO congratulating Yasar Arraft for picking a cunning hiding spot and Israel would never think to attack them there. Next image had F-16’s bombing them - next image had Mt Rushmore in the backdrop.

Israel will do whatever they think is in their interest- remember they stole uranium from ‘their closest ally’ America to make the original bombs. They have also broken into US Gov contractors and taken classified documents and weapons…

Years ago there was a cartoon in the Ottawa Citizen, it had the PLO congratulating Yasar Arraft for picking a cunning hiding spot and Israel would never think to attack them there. Next image had F-16’s bombing them - next image had Mt Rushmore in the backdrop.

Israel will do whatever they think is in their interest- remember they stole uranium from ‘their closest ally’ America to make the original bombs. They have also broken into US Gov contractors and taken classified documents and weapons…
And abducted foreign citizens to Israel, and started several of the wars they fought since independence, and supported apartheid South Africa, and killing and displacing Palestinians from their homes, etc.

What would hurt Israel is if they received the South Africa treatment. If the international funding and weapons supply got cut off for their actions it would not be good for them as a State. It’s a fine line they tread, as if they go to far they will lose the international support they desperately need from the West.

In what way? For many countries I don’t think there’s much Israel can do that would have significant impact on their interests. These nations willl have considered that.
Indeed.

It's a demonstration that once again, our Western leaders prefer virtue signalling and cheap money over actual morality and civilization.
And abducted foreign citizens to Israel, and started several of the wars they fought since independence, and supported apartheid South Africa, and killing and displacing Palestinians from their homes, etc.

What would hurt Israel is if they received the South Africa treatment. If the international funding and weapons supply got cut off for their actions it would not be good for them as a State. It’s a fine line they tread, as if they go to far they will lose the international support they desperately need from the West.
Actions have consequences y'know.

What's happening to the whites of South Africa now? That's the fate you wish upon the Jews of Israel?

Interesting.

Indeed.

It's a demonstration that once again, our Western leaders prefer virtue signalling and cheap money over actual morality and civilization.

Actions have consequences y'know.

What's happening to the whites of South Africa now? That's the fate you wish upon the Jews of Israel?

Interesting.
Theres a big difference in the population of South Africa and the population of Israel and Palestine. 2/3 of Palestine/Israel is Israeli population, South Africa was 13% white before Apartheid ended. Both are oppressing the minority in the area.

When did I ever say I want anything bad to happen to the Israelis? I simply don’t want the Israelis doing bad things to others, just as I don’t want the Palestinians doing bad things to others too.

But sure make it all about anti-semitism and attempting to put words into my mouth.

A short thread with a few videos of IDF soldiers shooting from machine guns, tanks, MG Fire randomly at neighbourhoods in Gaza with at no targets.
The amount of tiktok/instagram videos that I've seen of IDF soldiers posting of themselves in Gaza randomly shooting, burning the Quran, blowing up mosques, universities, neighbourhoods, wearing lingerie and dresses of displaced or killed women is crazy.
I might be wrong but I don't think we've seen anything close to this in recent wars (eg. Ukraine/Russia)

I'm guessing there will be lots of evidence available for the ICC/ICJ !

Theres a big difference in the population of South Africa and the population of Israel and Palestine. 2/3 of Palestine/Israel is Israeli population, South Africa was 13% white before Apartheid ended. Both are oppressing the minority in the area.

When did I ever say I want anything bad to happen to the Israelis? I simply don’t want the Israelis doing bad things to others, just as I don’t want the Palestinians doing bad things to others too.

But sure make it all about anti-semitism and attempting to put words into my mouth.
The Israelis have tried to be the nice guy and they got whacked for it. They gave up Gaza for peace, how did that work out? They offered employment to Palestinians from Gaza, Hamas used that intelligence gained by those employees to murder, rape, torture and kidnap 1500 people. If a Palestinian says they want peace, what they mean is they want the Jews dead and gone.

In reality the Jews are the minority in the region. There are as many Palestinians living outside of Gaza and the WB as there are in them. So in fact there are about 2 million more Israelis (9.4mil) than Palestinians 7.5mil. approx). Of the 9.4 million Israeli's, wiki says they are : " Jews (7,208,000, 73.6%) · Arabs (2,080,000, 21.1%) Other (non-Jewish, non-Arab) 554,000 (5.7%)". Now take the number of Arabs that live in the region, roughly 126, 000,000 in the countries adjacent to Israeli, most wishing death upon the Jews.

So in fact Palestinians are not a minority in the region

The amount of tiktok/instagram videos that I've seen of IDF soldiers posting of themselves in Gaza randomly shooting, burning the Quran, blowing up mosques, universities, neighbourhoods, wearing lingerie and dresses of displaced or killed women is crazy.
Burning the Quran vs burning prisoners alive and wearing lingerie vs raping and murdering women in lingerie.

Close comparison there.

1716643140022-png.85471
or 1716643225665.png ?

As to taking out terrorists on foreign soil

Three Indian nationals have been arrested and charged over the killing of a Sikh separatist leader in Canada, which sparked a major diplomatic row between the two countries.

Hardeep Singh Nijjar, 45, was shot dead last June by masked gunmen in a busy car park in a Vancouver suburb.

To be clear I have no idea what the answers to anything are.

My own sense of everything is that everything comes down to the judgement of individuals and that no amount of rational debate will result in a solution that every individual will accept. Ultimately, in this world, you are going to have to be prepared to defend your position. And, often, impose it. Without regret or guilt.

Attachments

• 1716643140022.png
    1716643140022.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 197
Back