• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US, NATO Outta Afghanistan 2021

this-is-fine.jpg

New report from SIGAR (Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction) as to the reasons behind the Afghan collapse.

Task and Purpose Article

The report itself

🍻

Meh. I blame Ghani and Khan and the rest of them for taking the Qatari bribes and hanging their forces out to dry (in some cases actually ordering them to out their weapons down).

It’s almost laughable if it weren’t so sad that people were somehow surprised by a decade-old departure implementation plan. In fairness to some, people only knew it was coming for 1/10th of a century…

Terry Glavin’s latest newsletter talks about the lies behind the justification of the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

An American officer struggles with the guilt of those he left behind.

I have read part of this and I feel outraged at the callous and very fucking horrible way WE - CANADA - treated our Afghan allies. I still get pissed every time I think of this. THEY - the Afghans - risked there very lives to ensure our soldiers were well served.

FUCKING COWARDS we are.

I have read part of this and I feel outraged at the callous and very fucking horrible way WE - CANADA - treated our Afghan allies. I still get pissed every time I think of this. THEY - the Afghans - risked there very lives to ensure our soldiers were well served.

FUCKING COWARDS we are.
It’s a crap show, OldSolduer!

A good friend of mine, an Afghan who served Canada for almost a decade, received nothing but phuquery from the Canadian bureaucracy at IRCC. Even had an IRCC employ suggest to him to return to Afghanistan to re-apply for immigration to Canada…AFTER the fall to the Taliban. Sheer incompetence in the bureaucracy and a complete lack of meaningful concern from the Government.

My friend and his family recently received permission from America to immigrate.

Canada needs to hang its head deeply in shame… 😡

My supervisor at the shipyards is trying hard to get her family out of Afghanistan and here to Canada, fingers crossed for her.
I wish her family the best, but won’t be surprised if she finds herself up against incompetence and indifference. Sadly the attitude of those in government at many levels is ‘Afghanistan is so yesteryear…’

I wish her family the best, but won’t be surprised if she finds herself up against incompetence and indifference. Sadly the attitude of those in government at many levels is ‘Afghanistan is so yesteryear…’
Yet it’s amazing we can fly others out seemingly at will.
It really pissed me off when Global Affairs bragged they got embassy staff out, assholes

Congratulations, President Biden. Congratulations, President Trump. Congratulations, hippies. You got what you wanted.

General Chip sends...

Some reflections on the pullout of #afghanistan 2 years after Op PITTING.

I have always come from a #CT perspective: the strategic aim was to prevent a catastrophic attack on US/U.K./NATO homeland and that Afghanistan was not to be a safe haven. Has that been achieved?

Yes.

Are we less safe now than 2 years ago?

No

Have we allowed an odious regime to take over and caveat #human rights, health care and womens rights?

Yes.

IS-K are still active but their networks are under pressure from the #taliban and are a regional threat.

I will give the Taliban some credit for taking on a mega project (no doubt quietly funded by China) that will employ a large number of people and keep them quiet. I always felt the West should have started a national railway project and have much of the work done by labour intensive methods employing large numbers of people.

I will give the Taliban some credit for taking on a mega project (no doubt quietly funded by China) that will employ a large number of people and keep them quiet. I always felt the West should have started a national railway project and have much of the work done by labour intensive methods employing large numbers of people.

I am no expert on the Taliban ( I should be) but nowhere have I seen they raped women while "liberating" their nation. I could be wrong however.

I am no expert on the Taliban ( I should be) but nowhere have I seen they raped women while "liberating" their nation. I could be wrong however.

They make up for that with the public executions, amongst other killings to keep people in order, I guess...

I'm not even sure China is funding it quietly.

The PRC has been funding and building lithium mines (and all kinds of rare earth mines) as well as some pretty impressive camps for the workers to live at. (The workers have been predominantly Chinese, but still employ Afghans in camp positions - this could change to the Afghan's benefit though)

In fairness, without putting some noticeable stakes in the ground & making it clear that the west intended to arrest the vast natural resources of Afghanistan for itself, it was pretty much inevitable that China would be the ultimate winner here.

They are right next door, have the largest standing military on Earth, and can fund these types of projects without needing to micromanage the money. They are building rapport with countries that didn't like the way the west was doing things, and it's very much showing around the world.

All that being said, maybe the Afghan government is paying for this using US funds and not Chinese funds? The US is sending them $40M a week, after all...

I have always come from a #CT perspective: the strategic aim was to prevent a catastrophic attack on US/U.K./NATO homeland and that Afghanistan was not to be a safe haven. Has that been achieved?

Yes.

Are we less safe now than 2 years ago?

No
I'm nowhere near convinced that has stayed the case since the Afghan withdrawal...

Did we succeed in denying the use of Afghanistan as a safe haven for terrorists while we were there?

Yes, absolutely.

Is that still the case, a few years after the Afghan withdrawal?

No, it isn't - Afghanistan has absolutely become one of THE most popular safe havens for terrorists from around the world...

Hamza Bin Laden (son of OBL) has resurfaced in...guess where? Afghanistan. Turns out he wasn't as dead as the media claimed him to be... (he had some involvement in Benghazi, and is very much following in his father's footsteps)

The key founding members of the Haqqani Network now hold extremely powerful positions within the Afghan government.

The US State Department has a $10M bounty on one of the key Haqqani leadership members, who I kid you not is actually the guy in charge of Afghanistan's passport program.

I believe he is also the same guy who receives millions in US funds each week, and converts it to Afghan currency on behalf of the Afghan government. (His position is almost that of Minister of Commerce in scope)

On Thursdays, he has declared it to be 'Holy Warrior Day' and the passport offices are ONLY open to those wanting to fight & die against the west

...and let's not forget, quite a few Afghans have come into the US just in the last few months via their open southern border...

There is a very good chance some of those guys are showing up with fake passports provided to them directly from the Taliban.

(How else could they even afford to fly to South America & support themselves during their journey through the Darian Gap?)

(And why would the Taliban pay for the airfare of so many young adult males coming up thru the border, if it didn't support their end goal?)

So Afghanistan is now home to some big name terrorists, especially Hamza Bin Laden & members of the Haqqani...

Did we prevent Afghanistan from being a terror safe haven while we were there? Yes we did... (while we were there)

Is that still the case? No, not even close

Are we safer now than we were a few years ago? My opinion is NOPE, we are not even close to being safer now than we were say a decade ago.

🍻 (my 2 cents anyway)

Back