• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time from Medical Exam sent to Ottawa to Competition List

Reaction score
Typically how long does it take to get results from your medical exam? The medical staff said it should be 2-3 weeks, but when I called the recruitment centre to confirm they received the extra information letters, they said I should get results in 3 weeks - 3 Months? Do I have still have a chance to get an offer before School starts in September? (Applying through Marine Technician NCMSTEP) Still have to do the background check and the Interview, which can’t be booked until I receive the green light from the RMO.

Varies for everyone depending on the complexity of your case.
Personally, I attended my initial medical in November and first heard back from RMO in February, not being approved until March.

It is definitely one of the parts of the process where one may see a major delay.

Here is a helpful resource that can breakdown the common timelines:

Varies for everyone depending on the complexity of your case.
Personally, I attended my initial medical in November and first heard back from RMO in February, not being approved until March.

It is definitely one of the parts of the process where one may see a major delay.

Here is a helpful resource that can breakdown the common timelines:
yeah this is roughly where I have been stuck for the last 3 months, the 'Final Processing' stage just after my Medical/Interview stage according to the Application Portal.

Back