• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your thoughts on this boot

ruckmarch

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Just need a comfortable pair for maple guardian and something waterproof, this seems to fit the bill and the price is half decent

https://www.armynavydeals.ca/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=5052&ST=2&Forced%20Entry%20Tactical%20Boot

Definitely an affordable price for most folks, and if they work out for you then you've got yourself a great boot at a great price.

Just a few questions you should be asking the retailer before you buy:
-What's the warranty on the boots, if any?
-What's their return/exchange policy if the boots don't fit?  -buying boots online can be a bit tricky in terms of sizing
-What's their return/exchange policy if when you receive the boots, you're not happy with their initial quality?  (i.e. just examining them straight out of the box) and want to return them (provided they're in new and unused condition)

Most reputable retailers will exchange boot sizes for you provided that the boots you return are still in new and unused condition.  Just be sure to wear the boots around your house for some time to ensure that they fit right.  That way they'll stay clean and not get scuffed/scratched in case you need to return them.

Good luck with your search and eventual purchase.

Cheers,

Matt

It has been my experience you usually get what you pay for in footwear, especially boots. Bearing in mind you feet may be in these for hours at a time walking miles perhaps, I would be wary. My two cents.

ruckmarch said:
Just need a comfortable pair for maple guardian and something waterproof, this seems to fit the bill and the price is half decent

https://www.armynavydeals.ca/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=5052&ST=2&Forced%20Entry%20Tactical%20Boot

I'd stay away from it if it doesn't have a Gore-tex lining.

daftandbarmy said:
I'd stay away from it if it doesn't have a Gore-tex lining.

Even that doesn't guarantee solid waterproofness. Look for boots with a single-seam Gore-tex bootie, vice a "patch-seam" (not sure if this is the correct term) design. One seam, one point of failure, multiple seams - you get the idea...

Single-seam Gore-tex boots are often in the higher price range, but as stated earlier, you get what you pay for (in most cases).

I'd be wary of buying any footwear online. If you can't try them on, there's no guarantee your foot will be happy in those boots.

Also, it only specifies waterproof material, not a waterproof boot. I've been caught (only once) by that kind of claim in the past on workboots. Skip a month's worth of Timmies, and shell out for a good pair that you've tried on.

I just checked your profile and it doesn't indicate you MOC or level of experience, but I'd suggest sticking with the issued boots unless you're infantry, or likely to be attached to infantry units.

And you can bet, given the weather patterns this year, that it will be cold and wet for WD09. The issued CWW boot should suffice.

Agree with Daftandbarmy.. WWB are not that bad (they are free to boot  ;)), and become quite comfortable when broken in. Additionally, to make them Cold Wet Weather Boots (vice just Combat, Wet Weather), have one of the two pairs issued slightly larger to fit the black/wool sock combo. Almost like an interim insulated waterproof boot before switching to the Mucklucks.

Just had the boots delivered last week and wore them for the first time today, they are well comfy. Not bad for the price and I was able to use a coupon for 10% off the posted price.

Back