• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Leave Vacation Destination and Experience.....share it

ruckmarch

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I'll go first shall I? I have been to Chicago many times as a single guy and with work, but this is the first time going with the family.

Hotel....the marriot on the magnificient mile
discounts......Military members ( Canadians too ) get a discount and access to the club lounge with breakfast for you and family )
Museums: Military discount allows you free entry

We did Shedd aquarium, field museum, museum of science, sears ( now willis ) tower and the new ledge on the 103 floor and planeterium and I got in for free at all these places

All in all, great trip and drive through Sarnia. Stopped in Gary Indianna to see Michael Jackson's childhood home. Checked out Gurnee Mills mall for the retail outlet stores and did 6 flags whilst there.

What trip have you done lately that you recommend and your experience?

British Columbia, anywhere anytime !

I love also anywhere around the border France-Spain-Italy, but expensive during summer  :(

I am not a fan of Washington state (inland) but I would like to drive (sail?) along the Pacific Coast from BC to California as suggested in another thread.

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/88076.0.html

My ex-girlfriend is living in Chicago for the past 4 years, she's happy there, seems to be a great city.

Wish you a great summer vacation!

St. John's, NL.  It's a bit better (ie. less expensive) if you know people there, but the Newfie charm and friendliness isn't a myth.  Me and a bunch of coursemates had time off just in time for George St. Festival...let's just say we didn't remember a lot of the 9 days there!  But, NL is naturally beautiful as well, with Cape Spear, the Narrows, and such. 

Not "leave" per se, but Montreal and Quebec City are amazing.  I'd go back there in a heartbeat!

You just remind me, the south shore of St-Lawrence river is amazing past Rimouski, also a lot of old houses, history and so on, then Gaspesie is also beautiful. It is a shame I've stopped there, I would like to go back and to continue along New-Brunswick and Nova-Scotia coast.

Cheers

We have driven across Canada from East to West twice now during our leave. Normally we boot it out West quickly and take out time stopping in places that catch our attention on the return trip. Each time, we have found new and interesting places to visit. Earlier this month we found a great campsite for tenting in Kenora and lots of places for some great fishing. We ended staying there for an extra two days becasue we enjoyed it so much.

Back