• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Women in Armoured Reconnaissance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've done a search on this and have had no luck. I apologize if this has been brought up before.

I'm very interested in joining the Army Reserves as an Armoured Recce. I realize I'm going to have to work my butt off and really get into shape, as it's a very challenging position. But I welcome the challenge!

Are there many women who are serving as armoured recce's? The closest regiment to me is the Queen's York Rangers.

Thanks for your input.

The Armoured Corps, both Reg and Reserve, has females. I don't have exact numbers, but they do just as good a job as the guys. The QYRangs have some outstanding female crewman.

That's awesome. Thanks, recceguy!

My first choice was to go SigOp. But then I started looking into the postion of armoured recce after I got a pamphlet from a recruiting office. It sounded really exciting and I knew I had to look into it further!

Is it as physically demanding as say, the infantry? I'm going to spend the next few months getting into really good shape, but I'm curious as to what kind of physical work you do as a recce.

Thanks!

Any job in the combat arms (infantry, artillery, armour, engineer) is physically demanding.  I'd do exactly as you said and get myself in excellent shape no matter what trade you are going into.

recceguy said:
The Armoured Corps, both Reg and Reserve, has females. I don't have exact numbers, but they do just as good a job as the guys. The QYRangs have some outstanding female crewman.

Don't you mean female crewperson?  ;)

crewwymn  ???

Actually I am sure someone will shortly form a lobby group to point out Infanteers mention of HUPERSON is in fact much more non gender endearing that HUMAN

threadjacked.gif

We have a few female crewmen at both Fort York and Aurora.

They range in rank from Cpl to Sgt right now.  One of them has been to afghanistan.

Phillman said:
Don't you mean female crewperson?     ;)
"huperson"

This is totally off topic, but none of your suggestions will fly.   Female, crew person, and even human; are all still unacceptable terms to the true Feminists.  ::)

my law teacher was telling me they want it to be called "history/herstory"

Scarlet,

Hope you got your answer. Even though we tried to bring it back on topic, some just persisted in derailing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back