• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

will i make it for the summer?

space_sldr

Inactive
Reaction score
i passed my CFAT and I did very good on the physical part, 35 pushups, 43 sitsups. This was all done on May 19. I still didn‘t do my medical and interview yet. So yeah, is it possible I will make to basic training this summer?
btw im applied to the artillery reserves :fifty:

I had my physical on the same day as you, I was told that my chances for the summer were pretty much non-existant and that I would make it in for fall weekend BMQ if im accepted.

I am going to get the forms tomorrow during lunch break and I guess that rules me out for this summer. :( Oh well guess I‘ll just have to wait. I‘m in Kitchener so maybe that will make a difference?

Space_sldr it shouldnt really make a difference where it was done, the time an application takes is still pretty much the same.

It takes at *least* 4 weeks from when you do your medical to get the results back. If you can get it done ahead of 4 weeks from your coursing date theres a possibility, but so much else comes into play.. security check etc.

Just keep pushing and have faith that your unit wants you to make it for the summer as bad as you do, if theres any way for them to get you in (as long as you‘re qualified) they will.

I‘m only just barely making summer and I completed all my tests on May 18th. Unfortunantly it looks like a no go.

There is always that slight chance, have faith. I handed my forms in last May 14th, and I was sworn in June 27th, the day before basic training started and I made it. That took a lot of work from other people though.
Good Luck though, it‘s a great career.

My file manager told me that I have a fair chance of making it in this summer, thought I just finished getting all my paper work and tests at about the same time as you space_sldr (fingers crossed). So maybe with a little luck...

But then again, after reading a lot of the posts here, I‘m not sure I‘ll be that lucky

its not suppose too. It can be,
i had my medical a week later along with my interview.
Then a week later my phyical.

I did most of my tests in early May last year, then my PT retest (don‘t ask, long story) June 9th and still made it for summer basic. So it IS possible! Don‘t lose hope and good luck :)

I‘m in the same boat, I completed my CFAT and PT (Passed all), in Mid May, and I‘m doing my Medical and Interview in a week. It‘s going to be close, but the recrutier said I should make it for summer BMQ as long as I pass the tests.

i did my interview, medical, and cfat all on may.17 and my physical test on the 19th, will i make it for summer?

Well it takes a while for the file to go through Borden (I hear about 4 weeks) so it could be tight.

I went in for my Interview Medical and CFAT march 22nd and my PT test was 2 weeks after that, I just got accepted on friday and going to get kitted this thursday. the dates for BMQ in the BC lower mainland are june 16 june 28 and july 2nd (if my memory serves me right) so i would guess that the dates would be somewhat close across the country

Back