• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

whos off to basic on aug 28th?

jabraun

Inactive
Reaction score
i finally got my call etc and i get sworn in on the 10th and sent to quebec on the 28th anyone else going then?

I am going for Aug 29th to Nov 10th, and I also get sworn in on the 10th.

Daryl

im done nov 10th as well:) ill prolly see you there what you going for out of curiousity

were you two selected on the June 9th board or are infantry selected all of the time?

not sure they didnt say i just got a call a couple weeks ago from my recruiter saying they had a offer for me etc and i took it i just hate that i gotta drive 5 hrs to calgary for swaring in on the 10th then i gotta go back on the 28th hehe but whatever:) im happy

There seems to be a lot of people going there on different days for what seems to be the same course.. I know I was told I'd be leaving on the 22nd of August for my BMQ starting August 30.. I thought that seems weird being there for eight days before the start of the course.  I was told my course will end on the 4th of November. 

I should see you guys there, I'm thinking maybe the Cpl that called me was looking at the dates wrong or something.. I'm sure I will get it all cleared up when  I get sworn in.

What the hell, I got the September 5 BMQ in Montreal a few weeks ago and have yet to hear anyone else getting on it. Everyone is still filling the August ones while I'm stuck in September  :mad:

I'm going infantry, but heading in on the 12th of September. Hopefully I'll meet you all there unless that new visual acuity form manages to prevent me from going.

lol wtf? oh man.... I swear, those recruiters never cease to amaze me with their confusing and mystical ways.

Just to clarify, where exactly are all of you going for bmq? St. jean? thats where I'm going... mine starts

august 16th  to october 21st  St Jean quebec...

thats REALLY strange if they have 2 courses going 2 weeks apart at the same training centre.... ?!!?!??! *baffled*

Bled, there are numerous recruit courses running at the same time. You obviously don't know what "The Mega" is. St. Jean is a very large center of excellence!  :D

lol yeah I guess not... The feeling I got from the recruiters was that they ran 3-4 BMQ's a year lol... man, did anyone else get 10 different answers for the same question asking 10 different recruiters going through the recruitment process? They really like to keep you on your toes with the not knowing anything don't they... I still haven't gotten my flippin BMQ do's and don'ts package in the mail yet... was supposed to come 30 days ago lol

I just got a call for BMQ starting September 26th, after 3 years of recruiting process and roughly 3 weeks of waiting on the merit list.

Obviously I'm really excited about getting the call, its been a long time coming.

Anyway, I just thought I'd check and see if anyone else is going to be on the same BMQ, particularly anyone from Victoria, or elsewhere on Vancouver Island.

Congratulations Graham D,im off on aug 16,maybe we will see u their.Good luck......3 years of waiting????,what happened? ???

Congratulations Graham!   You have more patience than most!

*Newest member of the "can't spell" group

Back