• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where Has Cadets Taken You?

Sgt.Fitzpatrick

Inactive
Reaction score
    Where cadets taken me are Pennhold,Borden Ont, Trenton  Ont and New Jersey U.S.
Where has cadets taken you?

Just for the sake of conversation/comparison, I'll say where my brother went.  I was never in cadets.

Comox, Winnipeg, Ottawa/Quebec, Colorado Springs for trips.  Plus all the camp stuff (Penhold and Gimli, I believe).  I'd have to say Colorado Springs was about the coolest place I've heard of cadets going, getting to tour the NORAD facility at Cheyenne Mountain and all. 

Oh my...this is a fun one.

I live in New Brunswick. In the past 6 years with cadets, I have been to Nova Scotia, PEI and CFB Gagetown numerous times, as well as CFB Valcartier, Quebec city, CFB Trenton & surrounding area, Connaught NACSTC twice, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, various bases in England, and finally Beaumont-Hamel & Vimy Ridge.

Ah yes, let's see,  Ipperwash, Cedar Springs, Meaford, London, Borden, Trenton, Shearwater, Calgary, Edmonton, Cold Lake, Banff, Columbia Ice Fields, Kananaskis river, Vancouver, Whitehorse and maybe a few others. Some of those places I spent considerable time there and others were just an hour or so.

Cheers

CFB Greenwod Nova Scotia, CFB Bagotville Quebec, Ottawa, Valcartier, Chicoutimi, CFB Trenton, CFB Borden

Connaught ranges!, Borden(Before i used to live there), trenton,Toronto(the first time i ever been there awsome!),Ottawa,Meaford and probably many more places just cant remeber

lets see I Have been to Connaught,Borden(CSTS),Blackdown,North Bay,Ipperwash,Medford(MUDFORD)and CFB Petawawa< Lahr (CFE) Washington DC and  FORT Knox KY as a Army Cadet. Just a few to name

Woah sounds like all you cadets got spoiled! When I was in the only places I saw was Borden, Toronto (drill compition) Trenton (air show) and RMC (kingston). The shooting team got to go to Connaught and other cool places.

I remember my skill and arms team placed second in the Skill and Arms compition at CFB Boarden and we were going to go to North Bay for the Provincials, but we had a star qualification issue and our Team CIC said it would be best not to go.... which was a drag because it would have been fun.

I've been to Québec city, Farnham, St-Jean, Connaught, Borden, Elliott Lake, Yellowknife, Edmonton, Norman Wells NWT, Scotland, England, Vimy, Beaumont-Hamel....reton

and because I knew people from the military or because of the army, I also went to Saguenay, Lac St-Jean, Cape Breton, St-John, Fredericton and Gagetown.

Hopefuly the next place will be BC...and maybe Europe again next summer   :salute:

Cheers   ;)

Let's see, Vernon, Hawaii (USMC JROTC Exchange), Germany (CFE), Petawawa, Edmonton, Borden, Ottawa, Toronto, Quadra, Keremeos, some others and well into a good life!  Met some darned fine folks in cadets, and I've even managed to keep in touch with a few. 

While i was in cadets i had the opportunity to go to Sault Ste Marie, North Bay, Elliot Lake, Timmins, Manitoulin Island, Toronto, London, Kingston, Trenton, Borden, Edmonton, Montreal, St Jean, Mont Tremblant, Lake Louise, Comox, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Klemtu, and Kitimat. If it hadn't been for cadets, I probably would never have joined the CF.

Take Care folks

Lets see.

Shearwater
Debert
Aldershot
CFB Gagetown
St John River-On
St John River-Over (Griffon ride. Gunners Assistant seat, baby!)

I was on the HMCS Huron and sailed form Halifax to Esquilmalt Bc, via the Panama Canel, been to Port Of Vallarta Mexico, San Diego Cal. sailed on the HMCS Saskatchewan to San Diego, other then that I pretty much stayed in Comox or Victoria

Cadets has taken me to Buffalo New York, North Bay (Sea Cadet camp Tillicum) and Cornwallis twice. Once for sea cadets (camp Acadia) and once for army basic training.

Slim

CFRB London,
CFB Borden,
CFB Gagetown,
CFB Meford,
CFB Petawawa,
CFB Kingston,
RMC,
:cdn:

CFB NORTH BAY ...... toured the SAGE complex , used their ranges.... CFB Petawawa .... Ipperwash , meaford...GRAND BEND !!!! lol  Kapuskasing ... The mighty abitibi river ..moose river moosonee..moose factory (outward bound)  montreal , toronto ..... I started off as an army cadet in mattawa ontario....then my step father took a teaching job in moosonee so i hooked up with the moosonee/moose factory air cadets. so i ended up returning to moosonee for a year,,,,already knew some girls there when i got there....oh yaaaaaaa ....  anyhow...i then returned to mattawa and did my last year there and finishing as a w.o .  I regret not joining the forces after that but i will always have good memories of my teen age years thanks to cadets.   

:cdn:

Back