• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When to call recruiter about wanting to join basic?

Vladimer

Inactive
Reaction score
alright, well im planing to get into the reserves, the 1 month at the base, not the weekend thing, it takes place around july or august right?

question is, when should i call my local recruiter and ask him for a meeting or whatever i need to get in? and does anyone have any ideas were the base is that ill probably end up going to for basic? i currently live in calgary alberta,

thanks for any help

Vladimer said:
question is, when should i call my local recruiter and ask him for a meeting or whatever i need to get in?

You should contact the unit you want to join now. The process can take a long time and if you start now you will probably be in and ready for the one month base course.
:-\

You should put in your application ASAP, visit the unit you wish to join and start the recruiting application/process there. It can take a few months to get in.

If you get on the full time BMQ course in the summer, your most likely be doing it in Wainwright, Alberta.

AoS said:
If you get on the full time BMQ course in the summer, your most likely be doing it in Wainwright, Alberta.

Not necessarily, there were full time courses run in both Calgary and Edmonton this past summer.

Eowyn said:
Not necessarily, there were full time courses run in both Calgary and Edmonton this past summer.

Oh, I was under the impression that most of those courses were run in Wainwright, even 39 CBG sends people down there for SQ sometimes.

Thanks for the correction/information.

On the courses run in Edmonton and Calgary were they the kind that the recruits show up at a armoury in the morning and leave for home at night?

AoS said:
On the courses run in Edmonton and Calgary were they the kind that the recruits show up at a armoury in the morning and leave for home at night?

I can only comment on the Calgary course, the recruits stayed and slept in the Armoury for the duration.  In fact there were a couple of recruits from Atlantic Area.

Back