• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When should I call them?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fogpatrol 1.0
  • Start date Start date
F

Fogpatrol 1.0

It's been 6 weeks since I finished all my tests and I haven't heard from them since.  In theory, everything went fine but I have no confirmation if my medical test and security clearance went OK.

Should I bother calling them now or just be a little more patient?

I applied for infantry in the regular force.

Give them a call, it wont hurt.  :)  It's best to be persistant with them and not let things go for too long, sometimes they might just put your file aside and not get at it for a while, and then when you call, that might get things going again.

They sent me a letter saying all my tests were complete and everything was in order about a week after my interview.

If I were you I would call and ask where I stood in the process, I would also be polite and thankful for their assistance.

Good luck

call like every week, thats what i did. its a lot easier knowing whats going on with everything then sitting at home and wondering, haha

I just called, they said that I should not worry.  The medical results are not back from Borden yet, usually it take only a month but there's some unusual delay and it might take up to 2 months.

med files take 3-6 weeks, if its longer then 5 weeks usually there is something wrong with your medical history - this is based on my conversation with a recruiter but its on average just over a month to come back. Be Patient as long as everything gets set up before the first week - second week of september you should be fine.

mavs on the ball on that one, i had the same experience took about a month for meds to come back.
about calling to find out, do what you must( would you like someone calling you everyday???) so yeah don't be a bum once a week is fine unless you run into a situation like me.... was calling once a week to find out stat of my file progress when oneday when i called i got a capt. who very politely explained to me that the files are gonna be back by sept 25th with job offers and that even if i called every day or every other week nothing would change till the 25th of sept when the board sits....now im sh^t scared to call fearing i might get that capt. on the line again and hes gonna be like didn't i tell you already  ;D hahahaahhaa  im just go in person nowadays and find out.
couldnt hurt to call them, give it a try and $10 says you'll get in before me. ;)

I sent my application in a week ago..And was told that I should be called by September. Is it alright to call in September, if I haven't heard from them?

Scaddie said:
I sent my application in a week ago..And was told that I should be called by September. Is it alright to call in September, if I haven't heard from them?

Of course it is.  :)

6 weeks isnt long man, but i would still call every week to two weeks to find out where you stand in the process.
Just be Polite and let them know that your are concernd, they will answer any question to the best of their ability if you ask the questions.

good luck

Call every week. Every monday, give them a call. It shows dedication, plus it puts you in thier mind, so when you file comes back from bordon, and gets put on a desk, someone will say "Hey this is John Doe's file, he calls every GD week, I should call him and let him know the results". Otherwise, maybe someone elses file comes in, and gets laid ontop of yours, then another, and another and another, and then you gotta wait longer.

Back