• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What if: Team Canada vs. Team Quebec?(hockey)

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I thought this a dandy read.(thats right, dandy)

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/feature-canvque.html

TEAM QUEBEC

Forwards

Martin St. Louis
Daniel Briere
Vincent Lecavalier
Alex Tanguay
Simon Gagne
Patrice Bergeron
Steve Bernier
Jason Pominville
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Matthew Lombardi
Antoine Vermette
Jean-Pierre Dumont
Mike Ribeiro
Yanic Perrault

Defence

Philippe Boucher
Marc-Andre Bergeron
Francois Beauchemin
Patrice Brisebois
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Stephane Robidas

Goaltenders

Martin Brodeur
J.S. Giguere
Roberto Luongo

TEAM CANADA

Forwards

Sidney Crosby
Rod Brind'Amour
Eric Staal
Dany Heatley
Jason Spezza
Brendan Shanahan
Patrick Marleau
Joe Thornton
Jarome Iginla
Joe Sakic
Paul Kariya
Ryan Smyth
Jonathan Cheechoo
Rick Nash

Defence

Chris Pronger
Scott Niedermayer
Bryan McCabe
Sheldon Souray
Dion Phaneuf
Rob Blake

Goaltenders

Marty Turco
Dwayne Roloson
Cam Ward

My money would be on Canada, if a true game were to take place.

Not to get technical....

But remember that a lot of those Team Quebec players would choose Canada over Quebec. (Brodeur said he'd choose Canada over Quebec, and is Luongo even French Canadian?)

With that roster I think I'd still even go for Canada.

ClaytonD said:
Not to get technical....

But remember that a lot of those Team Quebec players would choose Canada over Quebec. (Brodeur said he'd choose Canada over Quebec, and is Luongo even French Canadian?)

With that roster I think I'd still even go for Canada.
Luongo is from Montreal, so yeah, French Canadian.

Plenty of Anglo's in MTL. Just because hes from there doesn't mean he would play there.

condor888000 said:
Plenty of Anglo's in MTL. Just because hes from there doesn't mean he would play there.
Yeah I know that but clayton didn't know that he was French-Canadian. Also, Canada has the bigger defencemen to pound the Quebec fowards.

He guys just cause some one is living in Quebec now or was born in Quebec ,  doesn't mean they would  stay there or move to Quebec or play for a Team Quebec if it  officially becomes its own nation. Some may decide to leave and live in Canada .  Just as some French Canadians living in other parts  might decided they want to move back to a Quebec nation .
      But you can be sure that a Team Canada and Team Quebec would be some amazing hockey to watch regardless of who is playing for who

HAHA!

Team Canada would walk all over Team Quebec...  I mean they are not even all that comparable to someone who really knows their hockey.

Team Quebec has big names, but have-beens or hyped players that wouldn't contribute much

I doubt this subject was initiated in a serious fashion (although Guy Bertrand is seemingly quite serious about it) but as a Québécois who doesn’t believe in the existence of a Québec nation, this is precisely the kind of talk that infuriates me. Come on guys! You cannot oppose Canada to Québec. This is playing in the hands of the separatists!

EDIT: Typo

Yeah for some reason I thought Luongo was from Sault Ste Marie... Don't ask why heh. Even with those two goalies I put my money on Canada.

Back