• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you do overseas

lol no no they bought it while on tour. they bought it loacally like a cheap knockoff of a Honda or something.

Hehe! You must be joking! Do guys really hit on female medics? ;)

Armymedic said:
You mean other then eat, sleep, work out, and hit on any or all the female medics in the camp?  ;D

ChopperHead said:
lol no no they bought it while on tour. they bought it loacally like a cheap knockoff of a Honda or something.
Answer is still: "NO!"

I wasnt talking to you i was answering the guy who said that you cant justify transporting a dirtbike for your own personal use.

and since the answer is obvisouly NO! as you so nicely put it George ;)

why are the Americans permitted to have such things and not the CF

has to do with their Constitution, one of their amendments states they are to have motorcycles at every bend for liberty and....

dileas

tess

ChopperHead said:
'cause....after World War II we learned the lesson, and still remember it, that there was only one way to Kill Canadian soldiers:  Withdraw and leave behind Whiskey and Motorbikes.  The Canadians will come in and drink the Whiskey and kill themselves on the Motorbikes.

MJP said:
Only if your Belgian or JTF will you get any though...... :P

Belgian or JTF hey? This medic thing sounds alright.  ;D

(kidding of course..)

ChopperHead said:
can you have like dirtbikes and stuff while overseas?? I know in the American military some soldiers bought cheap dirtbikes and stuff and whent rippin around in their spare time. are things like this permitted in the CF???

Sweet Mother of all Good Gods!  Takes another drink and shakes his head.

kincanucks said:
Sweet Mother of all Good Gods!  Takes another drink and shakes his head.

2006 is off to a great start around here  ::)

The guys riding dirtbikes is not just rumour, I've seen it on a FOB.

The locals had the usual CD shop but they also sold new Chinese motorcylces for $600 and scooters for $300. Guys would use them to cruise around the FOB. Other notable rides included captured BMWs and a police car. ;D

MJP said:
Only if your Belgian or JTF will you get any though...... :P

You're still bitter about her turning you down?
Those 1 Fd Amb medics are not real team players are they?

Armymedic said:
You're still bitter about her turning you down?
Those 1 Fd Amb medics are not real team players are they?

Me? Nah I'm married and all that jazz....but my guys had the complaints going on.

Big Red said:
The guys riding dirtbikes is not just rumour, I've seen it on a FOB.

The locals had the usual CD shop but they also sold new Chinese motorcylces for $600 and scooters for $300. Guys would use them to cruise around the FOB. Other notable rides included captured BMWs and a police car. ;D

seen it in a motorcycle magazine as well about American Soldiers buying cheap knockoff bikes and cruising around on them. got pictures to.

Well,
actually Cf policy overseas reference motorcycles/seadoos/4 wheelers/scooters is kinda the following: Don't do anything stupid that can get you hurt, and it includes the rental of those vehicles (you know when you go on R&R). The higher ops mention it before you go. People have a "couple" of drinks to relax and stuff, not the time to get involved  in an accident (lawsuits or injuries), or getting killed in a motor vehicle!  And if you get caught renting that stuff, I don't think you'd get away with it. There is MP's and higher ops on site to make sure that everybody is OK, not getting in trouble.

If the American do it on tour (buying their own bikes and stuff), good for them.

Imagine checking out at the front gate, telling the boys that you,re going out to do a couple of "wheelies"!!!

With envy from us land ops types you would be surprised of the type of creature comforts I have seen being loaded onto those grey whales (DDH, DDE) heading for Hawaii, Diego and lets not forgot the Rose Festival. It was a crying shame the designers of the AVGP did not include a mountain bike rack or hold downs for golf bags. I even know of two 250 cc D/P m/c's that have travelled to the above mentioned.

3rd Herd said:
With envy from us land ops types you would be surprised of the type of creature comforts I have seen being loaded onto those grey whales heading for Hawaii, Diego and lets not forgot the Rose Festival.

I have no idea what you are refering to  ;D

Well, I guess that some of you guys manage to get the good stuff and know your way around!

Card_11 said:
Belgian or JTF hey? This medic thing sounds alright.  ;D

(kidding of course..)

Yeah.  They take the nurses for rides on borrowed American dirt bikes.  Sometimes the nurses drive.

Back