• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What did you want to become ?

krimynal

Inactive
Reaction score
When you were a child , I know lots of children dreamed of being an astronaut , police officer , etc. etc. etc.

What did you want to become when you were young , what was your dream job , what was the think you saw yourself doing in the future , and did you actually do it , or are you in the process of doing so ??

I know when I was a kid I always wanted to become a soldier , never wanted to become anything else , had my room painted in "wanna-be" camo , had all my bed sheets in camo , dressed as a soldier for at least 4 years in a row at Halloween , yeah I wanted to become a soldier.  Now well I'm a salesrep for a telecomm company here in Quebec city , but I've sent all my paper works 1 week ago and hopefully I'll get in !!

Share your story !

unfortunately living in Quebec city doesn't really help with my English , I did the spell check but didn't notice my topic .....

living with french speaking person for 7 years really made my English terrible , sorry about that , is there a way I can change the topic ?

_____ there you go I just changed it _________

I wanted to be an aerospace engineer... Product of all the spaceships I made out of lego. Then in Gr 11 I hit this brick wall called 'math', and shortly thereafter found myself in the military. Go figure.

Up until the age of 13 I wanted to be a truck driver.  Once I saw the light I pushed to be a pilot in the RCAF so I could laugh at guys slogging it out in the dirt below.  Kharma has a funny way of twisting things around.

Brihard said:
I wanted to be an aerospace engineer... Product of all the spaceships I made out of lego. Then in Gr 11 I hit this brick wall called 'math', and shortly thereafter found myself in the military. Go figure.

some of my friends got in the same boat , wanted to do some aircraft engineering , and well , once they realise how much math , and physics was needed , well they changed and got in the military.  What job are you doing in the military ??

krimynal said:
some of my friends got in the same boat , wanted to do some aircraft engineering , and well , once they realise how much math , and physics was needed , well they changed and got in the military.  What job are you doing in the military ??

I've been a reservist for close to a decade, even split of full time and part time while going to university. Up until just a couple days ago when my full time reserve contract ended, I did a slew of jobs working my way up through an infantry section, deploying overseas, teaching a few different courses, and eventually working on the planning and organization of training for my unit. I'm not in the process of changing careers to something entirely different, and will have to see if I'm still able to remain a reservist once I get settled.

Brihard said:
I've been a reservist for close to a decade, even split of full time and part time while going to university. Up until just a couple days ago when my full time reserve contract ended, I did a slew of jobs working my way up through an infantry section, deploying overseas, teaching a few different courses, and eventually working on the planning and organization of training for my unit. I'm not in the process of changing careers to something entirely different, and will have to see if I'm still able to remain a reservist once I get settled.

that's still a nice experience , okay you are not doing any spaceship , but I mean , you didn't sit behind a desk watching the hours go by and birds nesting hehe !  I've sent my paperworks for a reserve unit here in Quebec city last week , trying to join the reserve while I'll be doing a degree full time , then if all the stars align , and if the gods are in my favour , I'll try to apply for the regular , as a Pilot , hopefully , I'll be able to do it , but if ever I don't I'm still checking different trades that might interest me !

I wanted to be a General Surgeon, then I changed my mind and wanted to do Family Medicine, and live in a small country town, where you know everybody by name. Then along came first year calculus......and my dreams went with it.....

Then, I switched to Ancient History and Archaeology, and wanted to dig in the Near East - then I found out that unless you're a tenured Prof, you can't make a career out of it.

Now, I just want to stay employed.

Staff Weenie said:
I wanted to be a General Surgeon, then I changed my mind and wanted to do Family Medicine, and live in a small country town, where you know everybody by name. Then along came first year calculus......and my dreams went with it.....

Then, I switched to Ancient History and Archaeology, and wanted to dig in the Near East - then I found out that unless you're a tenured Prof, you can't make a career out of it.

Now, I just want to stay employed.

yeah the last part made me smile hehe ! , but yeah I think sometimes you have dreams that are amazing , I remember one time when I was young , I wanted to do a wild animal shelter in africa , I made the plans with my lego's and everything hahaha , I remember my mom saying , you know , in life you can do whatever you want ..... but I don't think you know what it means to do that ! I was like it's simple , you go there you make a house , with fences and every animal lives there and enjoy everyone ......

yeah ..... dreams hahahah

Voo Doo pilot. Everything went great up until the stupid pick the number/letter out the coloured dots test............stupid colour blind  :rage:

I wanted to be a jockey.  Surprisingly, I'm too tall.  :-\

I was really into Theatre/performing arts/film for a long time. 'Thought about getting into the industry. Before that something related to the medical field, but learned early on that math/numbers and science are not my friend.

Ultimately, have always dreamt of something related to Astronomy, since I find it fascinating; but again the whole math/science thing.  :P 

krimynal said:
unfortunately living in Quebec city doesn't really help with my English , I did the spell check but didn't notice my topic .....

living with french speaking person for 7 years really made my English terrible , sorry about that ,

Francophones destroyed your ability to punctuate properly and capitalize where appropriate?

I wanted to be an aircraft mechanic. I was actually accepted to (I think it was) Confederation College in North Bay. I had looked at the CAF but the trade was full. Then the good Sgt in the RC in Peterborough told me about this Navy trade that was the same but with ships. And then the good Sgt said that when the (then) Aeroengine Tech trade opened, I could just remuster. I am sure he was simply mistaken and not outright lying 32 years ago. All that said, I wouldn't change things if I were to do it all over again-It has been (and continues to be) one hell of a ride!

Pat

I wanted to be a farmer and a soldier.

I was a soldier (full time) and now part time.

I am now a farmer as well. Beef cattle are the main enterprise of my farm, BUT NOT commodity garbage grocery store beef

As a kid I wanted to be a pilot.  Commercial or military, I didn't care.  Went to uni and got my CPL/MIFR licenses, and along the way I became of probably the slim minority of pilots to get bored with the hands-and-feet flying.  Went sailing for a while and while that was cool, I felt the need to be in the air again.  I was still feeling "meh" over the hands/feet flying stuff, so I specifically asked to CT/OT to ACSO.

Haven't looked back since.

Back