• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Watch Your 6

• Thread starter Thread starter DIEHARD441
  • Start date Start date
D

DIEHARD441

Greetings, Just thought I‘d padd along a wee bit of warning to all those of you who are in service, thinking of getting out, or thinking of joining... If you take a release and are labled 4c (employable without limitations)don‘t hope on getting back in.... I was released under that term,I had gonnen out because of an injury but was rejected to see a service doctor, so I took a VR and after surgery I was cleared, and upon attempting to re enlist, I was rejected because I apparently have an injury that lists me as unemployable, AT NO TIME DID I SEE A MILITARY DR...however I have 4 doctors that have all stated that there are no conditions 2 are orthopedic surgeons, I have no limitations, and because of this "condition" I have no career...
I just want to serve my country, and feed my family...

damn that sucks,   and it worries me a bit.   I just had surgery on my acl and maniscus   in April... and want to go to rmc after high school (i have one year left).   They suggest applying in November, but I'm wondering, will I pass the physical/medical because I had surgery?   Or will it matter as long as I can do everything.

thanks... yeah i'd be really pissed if it doesn't work out... more than pissed... crushed...

Same thing for me..  I'm not sure that my eyes are strong enough to be V4..  (I know, it's the lowest one, but I'm like -5 and -5.5)  Hopefully I won't do the hurry up and wait to know that I can't join...  that would be sad..  :'(

As they say, as long as they didn't reject you, there's still hope..  Well, I say that!!  ::)

:salute: to all of those who were able to join in the past, the present and those who will join in the future!!  ;D

Don't worry about your surgery as long as you are capable of doing what is required of you.

I had major surgery as a teenager which left me with titanium rods and screws on my lower spine.  I made it in and have proven capable.

The CF is not supposed to discriminate apparently....as long as you're ok, and not missing any limbs, or keel over when you do physical activity, they can't really say no..

hehehe ok thanks.  yeah i'm going to the airport tomorrow... wonder if i'll set the metal detectors off.

lol, dont worry...happens to me all the time.  It's always a good laugh trying to explain the fact that I have metal in my back.

Good luck by the way!

Back