• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Want to lose weight? Go to prison!!

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
300-pound inmate complains Arkansas jail doesn't feed him well

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Article Link

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - An inmate awaiting trial on a murder charge is suing the county, complaining he has lost more than 100 pounds because of the jailhouse menu.

Broderick Laswell says he isn't happy that he's down to 308 pounds after eight months in the Benton County jail. He has filed a federal lawsuit complaining the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

More on link.

Seems like this guy ought to be able to live on his body fat....... ::)

PMedMoe said:
According to the suit, Laswell weighed 413 pounds when he was jailed in September. Police say he and a co-defendant fatally beat and stabbed a man, then set his home on fire.

I think he should be more worried about his soul than his body.

Prison isn't a hotel. If they were only feeding this man bread and water (which I know they are not), it would be too good for him after what he did.  ::)

The article states that the meals average 3000 calories per day.  This is far above the requirements of most people.  I'm sure there's impoverished people who are not getting that kind of food.  And this guy has the nerve to complain!!  >:(

PMedMoe said:
The article states that the meals average 3000 calories per day.  This is far above the requirements of most people.  I'm sure there's impoverished people who are not getting that kind of food.  And this guy has the nerve to complain!!  >:(

At 3000 cals per day, I would think most inmates GAIN weight!  :o  Yes, he does has a lot of nerve to complain about that. It sounds like he has it pretty good in Club Fed. Lucky for him that he doesn't live in a place like China or Saudi Arabia. He wouldn't be complaining for too long then.  :blotto:

Before anyone asks, don't worry about our inmates........they get food-a-plenty.

Bottom line?......................inmates whine.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

Pfffffff. :crybaby:

Good grief. Can somebody please help this man!? What is wrong with our society!?!  ::)

I was picturing a Lineman in the NFL who wasn't getting enough calories for his exercise routine. Then I googled him:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0427081arkansas1.html?link=rssfeed

His complaints are on pages 2 and 3. And yes, it is a slow day here.

The lethargic Laswell claims that "on several occasions" he has "started to do some excersizing and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out." He attributes this, of course, to diminished calorie intake, not morbid obesity.

This statement hits the fat guy nail on the head!!!

He should start paying them... hell, don't weight loss clinics cost money?

I'd really hate to see what the bill is going to be for his "last meal" should he get the death penalty eh?

Also, I should point out that he probably got caught because he was attempting to carry the victims fridge out of the burning house... :P

PMedMoe said:
This statement hits the fat guy nail on the head!!!

Someone should drive the nail into his head, but I guess that would be cruel and unusual  ::).

MM

Moody said:
I was picturing a Lineman in the NFL who wasn't getting enough calories for his exercise routine. Then I googled him:

Exactly what I was picturing, but based upon the source of the whine -- I'd narrowed it down to a William "The Refridgerator" Perry imposter; not exactly the picture of a big hunka burning health is he??  ;)

Well, if he keeps it up, he'll be herniating his pall bearers long before he sees the inside of a court again - he wasn't greying out because of lack of energy, me thinks his ticker was giving him a wake up call.

MM

I had a sad chuckle at the fact that I could write more ledgibly with my left hand. The statement of claim is a roaring good laugh, but i think this one takes the cake:
"This is cruel and usual punishment"
And my seccond favorate:
"This jail was built with a state of the act kitchen.. The tax payers paid for this and it is not being used."
Yes, yes they did pay for it...

Bruce Monkhouse said:
our inmates........they get food-a-plenty.

I think this one needs more  ::) how else is he going to keep up his 400 + lbs figure  ::)

Bread and water I say, throw in some butter or jam every so often  ;D then lets hear what he says.

... he'll thank the warden in the future.... saved him from eventually getting diabetes

geo said:
... he'll thank the warden in the future.... saved him from eventually getting diabetes

Yes. Now he will live longer and enjoy many, many years of prison life.  ;)

Back