• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wannabes and Gonnabes

Big Bad John said:
I have worked with the SBS on a few occasions.   they are some of the best troops I have ever encountered.   Most of the ones I met failed their first selection.   Some failed their second.   (Only 3 attempts allowed).   But they RTUed and worked at improving their skills.   They never said much.   They just worked hard at it and always kept doing their best.  

As they say, "you can talk the talk.   But you've got to walk the walk".

"Per Mare Per Terram'

Didn't know you where a RM Big John, Semper Fi Major. 
It ain't just the SBS that are the tough ones, not many that make it out of Lympstone that can't walk the walk.

Aaron White said:
The PST is as follows:
500-yard swim using breast and/or sidestroke in under 12
minutes and 30 seconds
10-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 42 push-ups in 2 minutes
2-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 50 sit-ups in 2 minutes
2-minute rest
Perform a minimum of 6 pull-ups (no time limit)
10-minute rest
Run 1 ½ miles wearing boots and long pants in under 11
minutes and 30 seconds

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats the NAVY SEAL pre-screening test, everyone in the infantry can do that. heck some of us Navy boys can do that. I bet its more mental strength than physical coupled with big talk

Hah! Everyone in the infantry can do that? Every PT test I've done I've watched at least one guy who is struggling to do 1 chinup, let alone 1 pull-up. Believe me, the standards are much lower than that.
Sure we have guys that can destroy that test, but definetely not everyone in the infantry, guys come in all the time that can't keep up on and 8km run to save their lives.
And from what I hear from my buddies in the Navy, Level 6 on the CF Expres test is a great feat.

"Chatter is for the idle, Let your actions be your words"
all there is to say

gerrycan,shush your gonna destroy the mith, the legend, :'( :'( ;)

GerryCan said:
Hah! Everyone in the infantry can do that? Every PT test I've done I've watched at least one guy who is struggling to do 1 chinup, let alone 1 pull-up. Believe me, the standards are much lower than that.
Sure we have guys that can destroy that test, but definetely not everyone in the infantry, guys come in all the time that can't keep up on and 8km run to save their lives.
And from what I hear from my buddies in the Navy, Level 6 on the CF Expres test is a great feat.

Well thats your own thing. I can do it and Im Navy. I figured you hard ass army types would be able to as well. All the sm ;Dack talk about the Navy and all...

*Yawn* here we go again.  ::) Nice to see you  have nothing better to do as per usual.

I'd like to comment on the original topic. This not only applies to your career in the military, it can apply to any career.

Set yourself some goals. Both short term (able to run 4kms with no breaks) and long term (become a sniper/ranger/JTF2 whatever). Focus only on the short term goals, and keep the long term ones in mind when setting short term goals. When you complete a short term goal, make a new one. (OK now I can run 4kms, new goal, run 8kms). But right from the get-go, realize your long term goals, may change, and probably WILL change. Thats OK, people change, feelings change etc...

Maybe after a few years you may realize being a sniper/ranger whatever is not what you really want to do. Maybe you'll want to fly planes or drive a LAV. Or maybe your happy right where you are.

In reference to the comment made about the reservist on Roto 13 were the ones that got canned from roto 8. I was on both rotations and their was only one person who I can think of in that situation. Actually that person quite during the BFT of pre-roto 8.
There might have been some other individuals who... never mind, I see myself getting into a huge pile of sh&t over the comments I was about to make....

If you really want to see wannabes or gonnabes as you say head down here to Windsor check out our cadets seems they wants to be Marines or Americans.

A fair deal of army cadets in the nearby city here frequently talk about how they are going to "ace" the infantry QL3 course, and how "they won't be able to teach me anything new"

You can't really say anything to these people .. they won't listen. Plus, it's also more entertaining to see their reactions/faces once they slam into that harsh brick wall called reality.

Here at RMC, I have the next CDS living across the hall, and the best thing JTF2 will ever see lives a couple doors down. Theres long-term goals and then theres unrealistic expectation. For me, long term means 5 years down the road, and i 5 years I want to be phase 4 Artillery qualified and an RMC grad. For me, that is realistic, not saying that I want to be JTF2 or ultra-elite or anything. If you set realisitc goals, then you will be all the more proud when you meet and exceed those goals.

I'm 17 finishing up my high school so I can join the army infantry, and I would like to join jtf2 some day... but hell I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but it dosn't really matter to me, as long as I can get in infantry thats good enough for me.

Big Foot said:
Here at RMC, I have the next CDS living across the hall, and the best thing JTF2 will ever see lives a couple doors down. Theres long-term goals and then theres unrealistic expectation. For me, long term means 5 years down the road, and i 5 years I want to be phase 4 Artillery qualified and an RMC grad. For me, that is realistic, not saying that I want to be JTF2 or ultra-elite or anything. If you set realisitc goals, then you will be all the more proud when you meet and exceed those goals.

What I am hearing here is not "realistic goals"- Im hearing lesser goals. Why not shoot to be elite? You have to earn it though. Just shut up and do it instead of talking about it That crap drives me nuts. Yack yack yack. If you have the drive and attitude- "elite" isnt an unrealistic goal. If you like playsation and figure that you should be a JTF direct entry candidate you need a wake up call.

Im not saying your goals arent good for you. They may well be. Im just saying that from person to person "realistic" varies.

Back