• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanna-be‘s / Posers

• Thread starter Thread starter R_J
  • Start date Start date
R

R_J

As an introduction, I am a Reg Force Sgt in the PPCLI. I have 13 years full time experience to include 3 operational tours overseas (Croatia Sector West, Croatia Sector South-the Krajina, and Kosovo). I was told of this site by a Major in my reg‘t, and am following the additional advice of Recceguy. But, I‘ll get to the point.
My concern is over poser wanna-be‘s that pretend to be something they are not. The people who come to sites like this and dump their ego inflating BS on the users of this forum, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. My case in point is the user "Wind Wolf".
I have at least a dozen examples of his blatant lies (that has atracted a lot of attention from the real members of the army). I will start with this quote of his:

"I HAVE BEEN IN SOME OF THE WORST S--THOLES ,FROM SUDAN TO CYPRUS 6 UN TOURS. MORE SPILLED CANUCK BLOOD & GUTS THEN CILVS KNOW. TTRAINING,DISPL & COURAGE
INSURED THAT WE SURVIDED TO FIGHT AGAIN.THE SIGS THAT WERE WITH USE ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASSION,FOUGHT
JUST AS HARD AS WE DID. SO GET YOUR **** WIRED TIGHT & GET IT TOGETHER."
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT MAC & ORANGE.
BUT I FINALY NOTICED THAT THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION WAS IF ANYBODY HAD SEEN COMBAT.
WELL, I HAVE & IT AINT FUN OR COOL. PEOPLE DIE
& THE THEY DIED BADLY. YOU NEVER FORGET THE SMELL OF BURNING FLESH OR THE TASTE OF FEAR FROM HEARING
THAT AK ROUND SNAPPING BY YOUR HEAD @ MACH 3.THE CLOSES THING IN MOVIES THAT SHOW COMBAT IS SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. BUBBA THATS AS CLOSE AS YOU GET TO THE REAL DEAL. WHEN YOUR UTTER THE OATH TO SERVE,UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A GOOD POSSIBLITY THAT YOU WILL BE SHOT AT OR BE IN THE SH!T. YOUR TRAINING WILL TAKE OVER & YOU WILL EITHER LIVE OR NOT. YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF BEING RUN OVER BY A BUS AS DIE IN COMBAT, BUT DEAD IS STILL DEAD. IT TAKES A CERTAIN TYPE OF PERSON TO DEAL WITH WHAT YOU MAY SEE OR DO. DEALING WITH THE AFTERMATH OF A FIREFIGHT OR FULL BORE COMBAT IS ANOTHER STEP IN YOUR EVOLVLING INTO A SOLDIER.
IT,S NOT FUN & GAMES, IT IS A LIFE LONG COMMITMENT
TO UPHOLDING THE VALUES OF CANADA & SERVING WITH PRIDE.

THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT & I COULD BE WRONG. BUT I SPENT 9YEARS & LOSE MORE THAN A FEW BUDDIES SO I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THEY DIED FOR NO REASON. THE GAVE EVERYTHING FOR THERE UNIT/COUNRTY & BUDDIES. KNOW ONE WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THEM."

"Combat is not a game. Been there,did that,not fun.
Nothing worse then having to tell a wife that her
man is not coming back or kids that daddy has gone
to heaven.It tears your soul.

Sorry for the way i come across,but this is very important to me.I lost 3 good buddies in the space of approx 45 secs. You never forget."

Look in the history-
for starters, at no point were 4 Patricias killed in the same day during the entire time he claims to have served. There were 4 in Cyprus (over 8 years). Don‘t believe me, check it out:
http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/

I‘ll start with that, but I know some of my buddies will be along shortly.

While I have never served in the Canadian Forces(My grandfather fought in W.W.I with the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders), I have the utmost respect for those who wear/have worn the uniform and serve/served Canada.

But one thing I can not stand, is self centered. egotistical wanna-be‘s who are trying to be something that they are not.These types should be exposed and put to task at every opportunity, until they learn that their lying ways will not be tolerated.Ever.

Go get‘em R-J!!!!!

SKBY.

As much as we appreciate your candor and your view on "Wind Wolf‘s" validity. As far as we know you could be a 12 year old. Don‘t take insult, I am just making a point. On these types of forums we take everything said with a grain of salt.
Could it be that he was referring to the deaths of the Patricia‘s at Tarnak Farms in Afghanistan?

I am sure that we look forward to your inputs in the variety of topics that come up here on the forum.

Welcome...

Zoomie, point noted, the soldiers who died there are part of what struck the nerve with my Maj friend. He was there, and he has sent several PMs to our friend Wind Wolf.
Wind Wolf‘s posts have serious flaws that most soldiers can pick out pretty quickly. From weapon specs, to real experiences, to the hard facts of history. I came here because there is a thread running at the forum I usually post at (User Name RobAK) about BSing Wanna-be‘s and this was brought up. What bothers me first of all is that this fake is using my cap badge to represent his lies. Secondly he is actually being believed by many young people who actually have an interest in joining the CF. And that, is not on.

I happen to be in the same unit as Rob.

I am a Cpl in 1 PPCLI -

http://nightoperations.com/C-7_A2.htm

I wrote the above report, and I think you will agree it was not written by a 12yr old.
DownloadAttach.asp

An ******* maybe...

DownloadAttach.asp

Several Patricia‘s will be hoping onto this site in the next while to expose "WindWolf" and demand a retraction of what he has written.

-Kevin

To get to the point...

There is a certain individual (Wind Wolf) who is so full of **** that it‘s become quite apparent that there is definately a problem. I for one get quite pissed when I hear of his wonderful exploits with no facts to back it up and his answer is an obscure email that leaves you as confused and angry as when you first stumbled over his initial post(s). The person in question has a lot to answer for and I for one would like to see his explanation and apology to everyone on this forum(s) and in the CF.

I‘m not here to start a flamewar by no means...just supporting R_J‘s post and looking for answers and get rid of this Troll and send his sorry *** packing.

My experiences:
UNPROFOR 93 2VP
SFOR 97 2VP

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/viewtopic.php?t=14620

Make up your own minds...

Hi.

Nice board you have here!

Kinda tough for a "first post" to come in swinging, but was told about a fellow making some outrageous claims over here (which is ok by me, free world) but doing so under the guise of a Regiment I have some respect for (not ok anymore)

After reading a bunch of "Windwolf‘s" posts, I‘ve gotta throw my support behind the PPCLI guys.

Windwolf‘s a fake.

On the other hand, I‘ve discovered a nice board. Thanks for the invite in!

Cheers-Garry

while I am not, nor have ever been in the Forces, I did think about it, and now regret not doing it. I have the utmost repsect for those that did and have left, and those that are still in. Guys like R-J, Kev, and the rest (forgive me for not naming all of you) are honourable guys, who‘s sole goal here, is to shut down the fake wannabee, Windwolf. I too have read his "action reports" and other trite BS that he has posted here. even I, a simple gunnut can find many many faults with his posts, and it truly saddens me that he has pulled the wool over the eyes of some people here, and likely elsewhere. If he has any honour (which I doubt) he will post a retraction and apology for all he has written. But likely he will simply not show up here anymore under his Windwolf moniker. he will probably just change names, and try to keep a low profile until he figures he can start the BS again. I would imagine that certain members of the PPCLI will be keeping a watch out for this, as I bet they will be here anyhow, making true and informative posts for those of you who are interested.

Good Day all, I am current AirForce, 24 years Regular Forces. Having found this link through other fourms I find that a member here is spouting complete lies in the name of a proud Regiment.

I have had the good fortune to work alongside the PPCLI while in Entebbee Uganda in 1996. With only 36 members of the PPCLI, they provided security for the compound and operations center.

I had the opportunity to chat with many of the men. I was impressed with their integrity and professionalism while deployed there.

I found these men to be extremely proud of their Regiment and their past serving members. Now to find that the their proud Regiment is a vehicle and guise for untruths, lies and pure imbellishment is UNSATISFACTORY.

To anyone who is thinking about joning the Military and has been effected by these wild and outright lies...please do not think that all are like that.

There are a lot of great men and women serving in Canada‘s Army. They are willing to answer your questions and tell you the truth.

While I am not Army I do consider them a part of my Family...a large Family.

Cheers
Pat
a.k.a. Popurhedoff

Thank god for the Reg Force.

Good to see you guys in here and somebody getting called on their $hit. I will admit that I was duped by this guy and actually heeded some his "advice" before going on course this summer. It‘s really too bad that people like this exist and feel the need to pump up their egos by spouting B.S. to us rookies.

Amen to that Devlin. As a continuance to the Wind (Bag) Wolf story, following the last challenge he recieved, telling him to apologize or we were coming over to expose him, he is now showing as unregistered. Interesting. Well, one less peice of garbage. Most of us didn‘t think he would have the parts to come forward and apologize when it is so easy to hide behind the anonymity of the computer (even when your not so anonymous).

R-J, KevinB, Nester, etal,

Thx for the hand fellas. I‘m sure Mike B (the Forum owner) won‘t mind you watching out for these guys and adding your input while I‘m away. thx again.

Well done folks Rob,Kevin,Nester,well troops that is one down now time to seek and destroy the other wannabe idiots that infest this board.

Nice going fellas
There are some many BS Commandos here and on other sites.
MG hows Petawawa, I‘m trying to get hold of a fello in 1st Btl. Are you there or 3rd?
Bold and Swift/ Airborne

I just faxed my Record of Service over to Mike B.
Personally, I like seeing BS‘ers being put in place, and appreciate your efforts. On the other hand, don‘t act like you‘re coming in here to help this forum - you came in here because the guy was misrepresenting you and your Regt - nothing more. For a bunch of friends, you guys on the gunnutz board don‘t speak very highly of the people on this site (generally speaking). Here is a sample, from a Mr. "Reaper" : "That site is the ultimate wannabe and molitia hero page,it is pretty pathetic actually. When it first started up it wasn‘t too bad but now forget it." So, I guess, as far as BS goes, you guys shut Windwolf down for your own (legitimate) reasons - don‘t try to pass it off as anything else. Contrary to popular belief, there is some practical experience, on this board. Cheers

Muskrat, no one came here to make the world a better place, just rid it of one POS telling the world he was one of us.
I must say though, although I can‘t see participating in too many of the topics here, there are some interesting threads I‘m sure I‘ll contribute to.

I‘m just worried that Recce41 will go beserk, when he founds out that all this time, he‘s been on a wannabe/molitia (sic) hero board lol ;-) Though truly, he‘s implied that, a time or two.

Anyway, was just making a point. Didn‘t want any of the naive on the board to think you guys came all the way over here, just to save us from Windwolf..

There‘s lots of youngsters (did I really say that??) on this board, true enough - but we‘re really not as bad as is being made out, on your usual board. We look forward to your participation.

Ubique

There is some good in a small military as we can track down if someone is legit or not pretty easily.

You are right we didn‘t come here to save anyone just to expose the wannabes for what they are,and to expose them for all to see.

Muskrat: I am the same "Reaper" from the other board,and I once posted here as "Tommy Atkins" as well.I was in the reserves 2IRofC to be exact from 83-87,then joined the Regs (3 RCR 87-93,1RCR 93-)from there,I have seen the good and bad of both.I do stand by my quoted comments.This board has gone down hill alot with people spouting off all types of useless naus and drivel Wind Wolf was only an obvious choice for attack as he was one of the worst offenders.

Back