• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting list for tour

• Thread starter Thread starter rice
  • Start date Start date
R

rice

guess every soldier‘s dream is to get on a tour, at least mine is. can anyone help me as to how many years of waiting it is for an armoured recce private?

as in recruiting list? or are you talking tour waiting lists? and if your talking tours what country ?

how bout a tour in syria?

are there actual waiting lists to get on a tour??

neat
sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread

yes there are lists but more like what trade is needed more.. and how many spaces are available etc..

the syria/israel Golan heights tours are full to my knowledge the last tour being sent is in September

As for the Golan in regards to us it‘s mainly the C.E. trades i.e. Elec.,Refrig.Tech,etc. as far as I know now.Any help on that one?

When Egypt was in full swing i.e Ismalia,Cario,Alex. we had quite a few troop‘s over there from all arm‘s from the reserve‘s doing Sig.‘s,M.S.E.Op.,Bin Rat etc supporting the U.N. Mandate.

I did the Ops NCO job in the Golan for a year,the Ops NCO(Sgt) and his 2i/c(MCpl) are Combat Arms,as are the Ops O and Adj positions,a reservist getting any of these jobs,well I wouldn‘t count on it.

Originally posted by MG34:
[qb] I did the Ops NCO job in the Golan for a year,the Ops NCO(Sgt) and his 2i/c(MCpl) are Combat Arms,as are the Ops O and Adj positions,a reservist getting any of these jobs,well I wouldn‘t count on it. [/qb]
The only reserve jobs are the C.E. trades and I know of a couple who have gone over to the Golan.
Elec.,Refrig tech,Carpenter,all from the Air Field Engineers.

A buddy of mine is on tour in the Golan, he‘s a cook

And another guy I know from my unit is leaving for the Golan soon, he‘s a Veh Tech.

We just sent someone too. It's definitely not as big as it used to be.

Rice: I have never actually heard of a "waiting list" for Res soldiers to get on a tour, unless this is something that some units are doing on their own. If that's the case, I guess it's up to whoever is managing the list.

The normal Army procedure is for the Army or Area G3 staff to post the vacant positions on CFTPO, the Army on-line tasking system, where they are visible the moment they are input to the program. (Your Unit Training Office has access to CFTPO...) The Brigade G3 staff then manage the allocation and filling of the positions by the units. In our Brigade we then run the Departure Assistance Group (DAG) that does all the major admin  checks and preps for the deploying troops. We don't leave this to units, at least not in our Brigade. Some do, but we prefer  the quality control.

What I can tell you is that at Brigade level (one level above your unit) we fill positions as quickly as we can, provided that the units give us the right people with the right qualifications. We have a pretty good track record on this in our Brigade, and my estimate would be that most Res soldiers who want to go overseas will go. It really depends on how many missions are being sourced to your Brigade to fill, and how many Reserve soldiers/of what MOC are needed on the mission. Both of these factors have increased exponentially in the last couple of years. We dispatched a Res platoon to Op ATHENA this summer at very short notice, with no difficulty filling the slots.

The biggest problems we run into are:

-units providing incorrect or incomplete administrative info so that we cannot process a person in time;

-soldiers not taking care of their own personal admin responsibilities in time to deploy (will, home care, debts, etc);

-soldiers lacking the correct qualifications and;

-soldiers who are just too physically unfit to complete the pre-deployment training. Reserve soldiers who want to go overseas, especially in the Combat Arms on Ops like ATHENA, MUST BE FIT!!! And, what's more, they need to work on it on their own. Anyway-isn't it up to all of us to be fit, Army, civvy or whatever?

Other than that, it works pretty well. Last summer we tested our system under pressure by pumping over 200 troops through a DAG for Op PEREGRINE, the fire emergency in BC. This was done in record time, including fire training and dispatching troops by air to BC. The system can work.  Cheers.

I know here we used to solicate res units and they would come over on a one year contract with a gaurantee of sorts for a tour. I don't know if they still do that or not but we had a bunch of reserves here at one time going out the door. On my last tour (summer 2003), there were only 3 reg force operators and the rest were reserve.

Hey there.

Other trades that get into the Golan as reservists are Sig Ops, clerks, and drivers. There are very few ATR positions but you might be able to go as a driver. I am in the Golan right now and most of the people I work with are reservists...

I think the best bet is to ask your tasking sergeant.

Back